Chapter 15

*Shane's POV*

We must've gotten half way through watching titanic before we fell asleep next to each other. I woke up with my arm around Lisa and our faces almost touching.

I fluttered my eyes open but didn't move, I just sat there and stared at the love of my live. Yeah, I knew I was just 17 but I also knew what love was. Lisa made me feel like I meant something, like my life was worth living.

"Hey." Lisa whispered, her eyes still closed. She must of sensed I was watching her.

"Hi sleepy head." I replied, brushing her hair out of her face as she fluttered her eyes open gracefully

"You fell asleep first, you're the sleepy head." She teased back, lightly tapping my nose.

"You're cute." I said, pecking her on the lips.

"Not as cute as you!" She argued, smiling widely. Just as I opened my mouth to talk, her phone started buzzing and ringing loudly on the table beside her. I sighed and rolled my eyes as she picked it up and answered it.

"Why are you phoning me?" Was the first words that came out of her mouth to the person on the other end. I instantly knew something was going to go wrong as soon as she said that and her emotion changed from happy to confused, annoyed and angry.

"Delete my number before I get the police involved, and DONT think I wont." She yelled in spite, pressing the end call button in rage.
I gave her a look and she nodded, laying down into my arms.

"Babe...i won't let him hurt you." I promised, protecting her from Aiden and holding her close.

"He said you don't deserve me...of course you do." She sobbed, clutching onto my arms. I sighed and kissed the top of her head.

"I don't deserve you, he's right. But you chose me over him and for that I'll always be great full," I whispered, slowing stroking the back of her head and holding her tighter into my chest.

"He's just jealous that he blew his chance with the most wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, caring and funny girl in the entire world." I carried on, a small tear dripping slowly from my eye and sliding down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and ask Lisa if she was okay.

"I-I don't know..." She cried, making my stomach full of guilt. I tried to squeeze her tighter but she pushed away.

She quickly wormed away from my grasp and stood up from the bed, grabbing her bag which was next to my bed.

"I'm sorry Shane..." She apologised, and with that she walked out of my room, down the stairs and finally I heard the front door slam.

I laid there, not being able to move. Frozen from sadness and pain. I started crying hysterically, did she just end our relationship? Did she really just walk out on me, like they do in the movies?

Besides, I always knew she was too good for me and if I ever had a chance with her id blow it almost straight away. I know myself better than anyone, and I was right about that.