PROLOGUE

THE FORMER ACE OF ITACHIYAMA pressed the push-to-start button turning off his car, he closed the door taking his gym bag out of the trunk before locking it with the remote key. Sakusa stepped into the elevator, heading up to the fourth floor of the luxurious complex, as he quietly walked to the end of the narrow hall. He opened the door to his condominium, switching on the fluorescent lights above him.

The male went to the master bedroom setting his bag down on the chair, emptying it out in the process. He painfully ached to take a shower, feeling the bacteria roam his moist body, he took off his shirt tossing it in the laundry basket. As he removed his track pants, his phone fell out of the pocket. He picked it up, checking his notifications, and clicked on a text from his mother, who usually only contacts him to see how he is doing.

MOTHER DEAREST
5:59 PM

kiyoomi give me a call when
you get off from practice

i'll call after i take a shower
Delivered

He sighed putting his phone on his bed, then went to the bathroom, letting the warm water soothe his sore muscles. A while later, he changed into comfortable clothing, and grabbed his phone walking to the kitchen. Sakusa pulled out a cup of noodles from the pantry removing the plastic, he unlocked his phone remembering to call his mother. He pressed the videocall button putting it on the counter, it rung three times before she answered.

     "Hello."
     "Hi, Mom."

The ravenette tore the lid halfway open as he poured the flavor packet in. "Kiyoomi, you took so long to call me back," she frowned.

     "Um, I did say I would call after I showered," he replied, walking to the water dispenser.

     "Hm, how was your practice? What are you doing right now?" she asked.

He filled the cup to the line with hot water, "Fine, and just making instant ramen. Anyway, so why'd you want me to call? Did something happen?"

     "No, no, everything's fine. Um, just need a teeny favor from you," he heard her softly chuckle.

     "Mhm, what is it?" he asked, sitting at the kitchen bar letting his noodles cook.

     "Do you remember your Auntie Ami, my best friend? The one that moved to Hyogo," she asked.

     "Not really, why?" he raised a brow, holding up his phone facing the camera to himself.

     "Or well, you met her when you were only a few months old. But she has a daughter—"
     "Are you trying to set me up with someone again? Because that last girl was a little—"

     "No, it's not a set up. Ami's daughter is a year younger than you," she said, pausing at the end.

     "Alright, what about her?" he asked, leaning back against the comfort of the chair.

     "Well, she just finished college, and she's coming to Tokyo for an internship," she informed him.

     "And what does that have to do with me?" the male questioned, furrowing his brows.

     "I told Ami that her daughter can stay with you until she finds her own place."
     "Huh, excuse me? And why can't she just stay with you guys at the house?"

     "The house is under renovation. I mentioned this last week, remember?"
     "Yes, you did mention it, but I'm sure there's room for her to stay there."

     "No, I don't want her to stay here with the house covered in dust from the construction," she said.

     "Doesn't she have any family living here?" he asked, breaking the wooden chopsticks apart.

     "Nope, they're either living in another city, or living abroad," she replied, thinking about it.

     "I have no say in this, do I?"
     "Pretty much."

He sighed heavily before completely tearing the lid off the cup, "So, when will she be here?"

     "Next week, so make sure you prepare the guest room. We'll meet you at your condo after I pick her up from the train station," she said.

     "Fine. Let me know ahead of time, so I know what time to be home," he said, rolling his eyes.

     "Will do. Thank you, my boy," she chirped as he stirred the noodles around.

     "Um, I was forced to do this, but you're welcome," he said, forcing a small smile.

     "Alright, talk to you later. Bye, love you."
     "Love you, too."

He ended the call, and started to eat sipping every last drop of the soup. Sakusa threw away the trash, then wiped down the countertop, washing his hands after. He went to the bathroom brushing his teeth before shutting off the lights. As he crawled beneath his sheets, he wondered how the female looked like. He was about to search her up, but realized his mother never told him her name. The man shrugged figuring he will just have to wait until he meets her, he closed his heavy eyelids allowing sleep to take over.

Little did he know, she will be the reason he
changed his outlook on the term called love.