¹² PHOTO BOOTH

⚠️ mention of sexual
harassment; panic attack

THE GIRL CAME OUT OF THE BATHROOM the same time Sakusa walked out of his bedroom, sharing eye contact. Both went to the kitchen as she trailed behind, wondering if she should speak first.

     "Why'd you leave last night?" he asked, leaning against the counter as he drank water.

     "Um, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to stay, so I just left when you were taking a shower," she replied.

     "Well, you should've stayed."
     "Next time."

Upon realizing what she said, she was not even sure if he wanted to keep having sex with her—maybe he just needed to get it out of his system. "I-I mean, that's if we—or you still want to," she nervously stuttered, mentally cursing herself for being shy.

     "I still want to. Do you?" he asked, staring at her in agonizing anticipation.

     "Y-Yes, I want to," she whispered, wanting to scream in excitement.

     "Good. Want to help me make breakfast?"
     "Sure, I'd love to."

The male brought out ingredients from the fridge as he instructed her on what to do. Whilst she assisted him, she remembered hearing from her coworker about a carnival in town next week. She has not gotten a chance to explore Tokyo, and she desperately wanted to.

     "Hey, Kiyoomi?" she said, building up the courage to ask. He hummed as he heated up the pan.

     "Um, so there's a carnival coming to the city next week, and I was wondering if you would want to go, b-but not as like a date or anything. And if the crowd will make you uncomfortable, or you just don't want to, then it's totally fine," she nervously laughed.

     "Why do you still act so shy around me?" he chuckled, starting to add the ingredients to the pan.

     "I-I don't, you—I just find it hard to talk to you. No offense, but you normally look mean," she said. Sakusa stopped stirring the contents in the pan, then turned to her as he examined her expression.

     "Is that a bad thing?"
     "No. At least to me, it's not."

     "Hm. Why the carnival?" he asked, continuing to do what he was doing before.

     "Uh, I thought it might be fun, but I actually didn't get to explore Tokyo yet. And I've been wanting to," she said.

     "Well, if you want, I can show you around. And we can go to the carnival at night," he offered.

     "Really? That's so nice—I take back what I said, you're not mean at all," she smiled, setting the table. "Ooh, I can't wait. It's gonna be fun, I promise."

The raven-haired man observed her actions, softly smiling to himself. To be clear, it was not a date—they fucked, and that was all it is. Though, he did not mind showing her around, and getting to know more about her, so no harm done.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

At the carnival, the woman excitedly dragged him to the different rides and booths. Sakusa thought she was like a little kid, but found it endearing. Although he was skeptical about going on the dangerous rides, he sucked it up for her. She noticed how nervous he seemed, then laughed as she kissed his cheek, reassuring him it would be fun.