¹⁶ LITTLE OMI

THE RAVEN-HAIRED MALE SCRUNCHED his brows together as he heard an unsettling call of his name. He tried to continue to sleep, but the voice would not stop. Grumpily opening his eyes, he realized the voice belonged to the girl who no longer filled the empty space beside him. And then, he heard her call out to him, again.

     "Koomi."

He sat at the edge of the bed, slowly rubbing his tired eyes as he grabbed his phone to check the time—passed four in the afternoon. "Wake up, Koomi," she said.

Releasing a heavy sigh, he stuffed his phone into his pocket, walking out his room. What is so important that she had to disturb his nap? Or why could not she go to him instead? And yet, again, Sakusa heard his little nickname for the nth time.

"Yes, I'm coming, you're so loud," he yawned, seeing her on top of the island counter. "Um, what are you doing?"

"How's the most handsome man in the world doing? Did you sleep well?" she smiled, swinging her legs.

Despite her cheesy question, it still greatly affected him as a fever came to his cheeks. "Well, I was having a good nap. Are you gonna tell me why you're putting your butt germs on my countertop?"

     "Hey, I'm not dirty," she playfully frowned. "But come here for a second, I'll show you."

He trudged over to her as she patted the marble counter. "Come, you'll see once you sit," she chuckled.

The male pushed himself up sitting beside her, then he turned to her. "Alright, now what am I supposed to be looking at?" he asked, gazing around the kitchen.

"Nothing in particular. I just didn't wanna be alone."
"Huh, you woke me up for this? Nah, I'm leaving."

As he was about to get off the counter, she placed her hand on his. "Fine," she paused, "I saw a cockroach, so now I'm scared to go down 'cause I don't know where it went."

Then he quickly snatched his hand away, reaching over his shoulder. "Where is it?—Fuck, is it on me? I feel something crawling on me."

"Wait, are you scared, too?"
"N-No."

"Then if you're not scared, find it and kill it, so I can get down," she cheekily grinned.

"Why don't you do it?" he muttered, avoiding her gaze as he tried to conceal his panic-stricken façade.

"Mhm, you are scared," she laughed, turning his face to see his expression.

     "Fine, just a little. But how did a cockroach get in here? Are you eating in your room?" he questioned.

     "No, Koomi. I respect your rules in your house, so it couldn't have been me," she deadpanned.

     "Well, one of us is going to have to kill it, and it's not gonna be me," he said.

"Then looks like we'll be here for a while."
"Why'd you have to call me? I still wanted to sleep."

"I didn't want to be lonely," she chuckled. He pulled out his phone as she moved closer, peeking at the screen. "Could we watch something? I didn't bring my phone."

"That sounds like a you problem," he said, checking his notifications. The female slowly moved away, staring off to the side. "Don't cry, I'm just kidding," he scoffed.

     "That was mean," she said with a dramatic pout on her lips as she scooted closer to him.

     "Mhm, what do you want to watch? I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Crunchyroll," he asked.