16 | let go

Let Go

**Warning: Mentions of Suicide. ⚠️

At first, she thought the beads of bubbled blood over her wrist was the key to salvation but it was not

Those trinkets of blood only morphed into a horrible flash of memory from her past.

Her mother’s horrific car accident.

The pair of scissors slipped from her grasp to meet the floor below and her mind took the pleasure of bashing her with flashbacks of her dear mother doused in the deep scarlet liquid over a stretcher.

That’s why she hated the colour red so much because it dug into painful memories and her heart couldn’t bare it, especially not right now.

She curled up into a seated foetus position and mentally broke down from all of the emotional strain and suffering.

All the while she battled with her demons, Taehyung’s voice called out for her then suddenly hard knocks were heard against the door.

“Sooyeong !”

“Sooyeong ah! Open this door! Please!”

She ignored him and only cradled her knees tighter.

“Sooyeong, please…” He implored, desperately, and he slipped her clothes under the foot of the door. “Please put these on and open this door.”

She sniffled, “Go away Taehyung…”

“Sooyeong, I’m not going to leave you alone. Just open up this door, please.” His voice was painfully desperate and tears laced his eyes.

“I don’t want you here just go.” She choked out in-between hiccups of crying.

“Min Sooyeong if you do not unlock this door right now I will jump the stall whether you’re clothed or not!” He announced, his voice grieving yet serious.

She said nothing nor did she do anything in retaliation because she was too broken to even move an inch but as Taehyung promised, he did in fact make attempts to jump the stall.

She heard him shuffle in the stall beside her and within moments she heard his feet crash to the ground in front of her but she only stayed still.

“Sooyeong ah,” he shuffled to pick up her blazer but as he did so he saw the bunches of hair scattered across the floor.

His breath hitched in shock from the sight but despite that he immediately flung the blazer around her half-nude body and his hands brushed over her wet hair.

“Please talk to me Sooyeong,” his voice cracked. “I’m scared about this situation and I know you are too but I want to help you.”

His hand brushed over hers but she didn’t move, “I know it was Ahro and Nayeon. The conversation we had back at class—”