19 | inner child

Inner Child

After minutes of cycling and Sooyeong's arms being securely wrapped around Taehyung’s body, they finally arrived at a local park that was opposite an elementary school

Taehyung thought it would be a good idea to have the toasty Bungeoppang's here because it was a rather lively area since the children running and playing about created a happy atmosphere which Sooyeong really needed.

Since the swings were occupied by cute little humans, Taehyung dragged her along with the bicycle to the roundabout and they both sat down on it with a clear view of all of the children in their element.

They both dug into their treats just like little kids at a candy store and for a short while they ate in silence but that was until Sooyeong let her thoughts slip.

“Wouldn’t it nice to be a kid again to escape the troubles of life?”

“True but you don’t necessarily need to be a kid to enjoy life.” He informed and she stared at him with furrowed eyebrows. “We all have an inner child dying to be released every now and then.”

“Inner child?” she stared at him with intent. “And how exactly do you release that inner child?”

“By being spontaneous or doing whatever your heart tells you is right at that moment.” He explained and took another bite out of his Bungeoppang.

She pondered with a pensive look for a short while, “My heart says to play with those kids over there.”

He smiled at her reply, “That’s pretty cute but my heart says something else.”

“And what’s that?”

And just like that Taehyung packed away their mostly eaten Bungeoppang's and chucked it into the basket of Sooyeong's bicycle but all the while she only watched on in pure bewilderment.

“This,” he mumbled before leaning down toward her body which was now pressed up against one of the iron bars on the roundabout thanks to him.

“T-Tae—” She blushed at their proximity.

His one hand reached behind her to hold onto the bar while his one leg thrusted the entire roundabout into a revolution. She squealed at the spinning motion but Taehyung kept going.

“Yah, Tae ah!” She hollered with a few chuckles and after a while she held tightly onto him seeing as they were now moving at an insane speed. “We’re going to get queasy!”

Alas, but what he started could not be stopped because a few minutes in, Taehyung’s body was flat out sprawled over the spinning roundabout with Sooyeong’s body stuck against his and he held onto her even more tighter than she did to him.

“Tae ah?” she blushed at their position especially because his hands were snug around her waist and their chests flush. “A-Are you okay?”

“…The world is spinning…” He simply said and shut his eyes.