35 | a study in pink

A Study In Pink

It was almost time for the Spring Festival holiday to kick into motion, but before that Sooyeong had one more class to get over with; Chemistry

It was almost time for the Spring Festival holiday to kick into motion, but before that Sooyeong had one more class to get over with; Chemistry. It was her practical test day and even though she made sense out of her notes last night, she was a nervous wreck because she didn't want Dansae or Minho as her test partner- she'd rather die.

To make that worse she hadn't received a sticky note today which could have potentially calmed her thoughts by diverting her attention. Taehyung didn't even help in aiding her troubles because he'd been acting super weird well... weirder than usual, all day. To add to that heap of mess, uncertainty of how she was going to ask Taehyung out floated around her mind like a permanent resident living rent free.

Today was not a good day for her mental health but to be more accurate none of the recent days have been good for her. Whenever she reached a high, reality would strike just as Jungkook had said, with no mercy, and she'd instantly hit rock bottom or more of an abyss perhaps. It was infernal but she was learning to cope with life's hardships with the help of those who cared enough about her.

As she made her way to the chemistry laboratory she repeatedly skimmed through her titration notes as a last resort to cram everything needed in order to pass. Once she entered the said laboratory she stood at the back and gave a brief glance at the multiple practical stations which was already set up with the required equipment.

As people filed in, her anxiety levels shot up because a lot of them had no notes with them. Instead, they were chatting as if everything would somehow work out in their favour but Sooyeong knew better because her world didn't work like that. However, she still hoped for the best.

"Soo noona!"

She heard her name and turned in the direction of voice to see Jimin and Jungkook peeping through the little circular glass window on the door. A smile took over her features as she watched them throw up finger hearts and a thumbs up.

"You're gonna do fine! Fighting!" Jimin encouraged.

A shy chuckle left her lips at how sweet they were. She mouthed a fighting and watched them run off possibly to their last class for the day.

"Aish, those boys are so cute," she mumbled and flipped through her notes but as she did so a sudden presence poked in front of her.

She was startled but ended up locking eyes with the individual.

"T-Tae..." she breathed. "You need to stop popping up out of nowhere..."

He smiled and she noticed his cheeks puff out slightly, "Min Sooyeong~ looks like someone really wants to get that high grade, hmm, I wonder why."

She choked, having completely forgotten about his one-sided deal, "Don't be a creep for once and it looks like someone's back to spirits."

He giggled softly which melted her heart. Then he stood beside her, "Not really, I'm worried about who I'll be paired with. If it's Minho or Dansae, I'd rather fail."