41 | love maze

Love Maze

After Sooyeong got off at the school, she thanked both of the men for helping her

"You sure you'll be fine alone?" Hoseok asked.

She nodded, trying to conceal her nervousness, "I'll text Taehyung my location. I'm sure he'll be here in a bit."

Once more, she shamelessly lied because in actual fact, she didn't have her smartphone with her because it was lying in that dump along with her heart.

"Alright, take care. Call if you need anything." Yoongi offered and she nodded, again.

Soon after she watched the vehicle drive off into the distance. With a soft sigh, she looked around and noticed a few cars drive by beneath the light of the street lamps but there was some light that resonated from the school building as well.

She slipped passed the boom gate, scurried up the steep hill then up the staircase toward Yeontan. Once there, she slowly settled down so she wouldn't scare him then she opened up a bottle of water that she got from Yoongi's vehicle because all of that crying left her dehydrated. She rinsed out the drinking bowl and topped it up with the fresh contents.

From his sleeping position, he awoke and licked at the water. At this she found herself smiling because of how cute and tiny he looked but the longer she stared at him the more her thoughts swirled.

"I feel like I should just hop into this box next to you, then maybe I could get adopted too and get away from all of this. Things are hard for me already yet they're still keep getting harder and I just don't know anymore. I don't want people to worry about me, you know."

She took a hold of Yeontan and leaned against the wall behind her. Although Taehyung urged her to play with Yeontan on Monday, she wasn't completely over her fear of dogs as yet but at this point she needed his comfort and warmth.

"You seem to like Taehyung a lot don't you little guy? You even got hurt for him." She cradled him as she looked at him. "Do you really think he's that precious?"

A soft bark left his mouth.

She hummed and gently scratched his fur, "I guess that's a yes."

She played with his paws- his paws clawed against her palms. It was a trick which Taehyung had shown her, "I also find him really precious but I don't understand why he'd post something like that because we've been through a lot together and he's always taken care of me. Everything felt genuine to me and all of those sticky notes..."

Yeontan continued to claw and she smiled.

"Maybe the Oppa's are right. It could all just be one big misunderstanding because I honestly can't see him using a girl just for sexual pleasure but what about that Instagram post..."