23 | girlfriend

Girlfriend

"I really need you Soo ah,"

Taehyung gripped onto Sooyeong's hand and his face was packed with panic.

"Some girls have been following me around since after school. Help me get them off my back, please. Can you tell them that I'm your boyfriend?"

"What..." Her mind drew blanks and she was frozen at his insane rejection tactic which involved her lying about something that she wanted so seriously and not in a façade.

Nonetheless, she quickly regained her stamina.

"No... I can't..."

His features contorted in dissatisfaction and his hands slipped from hers.

"W-Why?"

"That's too stressful... just get under the table." She shoved at him and now he looked at her in surprise. "They'd probably see right through me."

He quickly regained his composure and took her feelings into consideration. Thereafter, he quickly slipped underneath the table she had been wiping previously.

Just seconds later, the door to the café shot open and the bell chimed vigorously but it was soon overpowered by the squeals of teenage girls.

Sooyeong pretended as if she didn't notice them and got back to wiping the table but internally she felt bad because Yoongi didn't like dealing with squealing high school girls but she was sure he'd handle it nonetheless.

Her hand was firmly pressed to the table, going in circular motions but that was when she suddenly realised it.

Although she had her apron snuggly around her waist, which saved her thighs from exposure, it did absolutely nothing for her legs which meant they were completely exposed and at the boundless sight of Taehyung.

In an instant she regretted her actions and became flustered just like that, probably looking like the reddest tomato ever seen before. In spite of her internal dilemma she did her best to keep her external composure but below the table seemed to be another story.

The lateral side of Taehyung's stiffened body was pressed against the wood that formed the lower half of the T-shaped table and his back was pressed up against the stained glass behind him.

He gulped as he heard the squeals suddenly fill up the café and his gaze dreadfully shot forward only for his eyes to land straight on to Sooyeong's legs.

At first, he stared at them for an abnormally long time as a blush unknowingly spread across his cheeks because every inch of her somehow intrigued him whether it was mind or body. To him she felt like a canvas that he needed to touch and protect but alas he knew she'd only want the hands of the one she loved to do so and no-one else.