CHAPTER 17

Hi everyone! I'm back with another chapter and hope that I will manage to find a better routine again to write.

Anyway, just wanted to say that there will be some special dates noted in this chapter and they are probably not the real ones as in the series. I was too lazy to look it up so I just made them up. So: don't get confused by it or think too much about it, it's just a few dates!

________________________________________________________

Stiles ripped the page out of the file, folded it and put it inside his pockets where he already kept Selenas patient file. He closed the file and put it back inside the box, standing up and shoving the box inside the shelf.

"Come on, we need to talk to Derek.", he said and carefully grabbed Selenas hand. Stiles dragged her behind him and opened the door with his free hand. He made sure that nobody was in the hallway and quickly stepped out of the room, closing the door quietly after Selena had followed him outside. Since Stiles told Selena his theory about Talia Hale being her mother, she hadn't said a word. He wasn't sure if she was mad at him, or maybe just shocked, but either way he didn't have the time to think about that right now. He knew they had to talk to Derek to finally find out the truth. Stiles let go off Selenas hand, when they both stood inside the elevator. It was quiet until Stiles heard Selena move. He turned around and saw how Selenas body was shaking. Selena had her eyes closed and kept stepping backwards, searching for something to hold onto. Her breathing was heavy and unsteady when she hit the metal wall with her back.

"Stiles, I can't breathe.", she said nervously while her hands turned to fists, her knuckles turning white. Stiles knew that feeling just too well.

"Hey, it's ok.", Stiles said and stepped closer to Selena, reaching out for her hand. He enclosed her left hand with both of his hands, noticing how tensed her body was.

"I will help you open your hand now and when I do so, you will breathe out, ok? When I'll help you to close it again, you will breathe in. And so on. Ok?" Selena nodded her head and opened her eyes. Her blue eyes were filled with panic when she watched Stiles hands opening hers and she forced herself to breathe out, just like Stiles did. She breathed out, until her hand lay flat in Stiles hand. When she felt how Stiles moved her fingers back into a fist, she breathed in. They both repeated the exercise a few times and Selena manged to calm down. She had her eyes closed again, starting to feel relaxed with Stiles holding her hand and sensing her own breathing.

"Stiles, I...", she began but got interrupted by the elevator door opening. She instantly opened her eyes and let her hand fall to her side, already missing the warm touch of Stiles hands. Selena didn't say another word and stepped out of the elevator, Stiles following her.

"Hey, maybe we should eat some breakfast before we talk to Derek. You didn't eat or drink anything yet and the whole situa...", Stiles tried to say when he noticed how pale Selena was. Of course, she wasn't fine and she wouldn't be fine for a while, but Stiles was worried.

"I'm fine, let's go.", Selena interrupted him and started to walk along the hallway. She stopped in front of Dereks room and knocked on it when Stiles finally reached her. Selena opened the door after she heard some of Dereks muttering and Stiles breathed out loudly. Derek was probably pissed that out of everyone, Scott actually sent Stiles to talk to him.

"Hey Derek, how are you feeling?", Stiles asked and stood next to Selena who crossed her arms over her chest to stop herself from moving around nervously.

"Great. Did you find something?" Wow, Derek was a pro at small talk. Selena turned to Stiles and reached out her hand, Stiles knowing she wanted the papers. He reached for the papers inside his pockets and handed her the paper they just found a few minutes ago. While Selena told Derek the whole story of the alpha and her, Stiles read the papers of Selenas patient file when he suddenly noticed something. Selena was taken to the hospital two times because of mental breakdowns, two more breakdowns were noted from the Eichen House.

"...so we came here to...", Stiles heard Selena say and lifted his head.

"Derek, when was the fire?", he interrupted Selena and could feel her eyes on him. Derek looked at Stiles with an expression that Stiles couldn't figure out. It was something between death wishes and confusion.

"15th February in 2005.", he answered and Stiles compared the date with the one of Selenas file.

"Do you know anything about these dates? 3rd March 2011 and 11th May 2011?", Stiles asked again and could see how Dereks confusion got worse.

"Yeah, on 3rd March, Peter killed my sister and, on the 11th May, I killed Peter. Or at least, I thought I did." The thought of Talia being Selenas mother had just been a theory so far, but now Stiles was sure that Selena had some kind of connection to the Hales.

"Here, look. There are four mental breakdowns noted in Selenas file. Three of them on the dates I just asked you about and the last one on the day that you went missing." Stiles handed Derek the paper and watched him read it. Derek lifted his head again and shrugged his shoulders.

"So, this girl has a mental breakdown whenever someone of my family dies? Well, you can be glad then, that you're still alive.", Derek just said and looked at Selena coldly. Selena didn't say anything and handed him the other page.

"Apparently I was born in this hospital on the 19th November 1994. But well, there was not even one birth on this day. On the 18th November though, in the night of a lunar eclipse, there was one.", Selena said and stared at Derek with big eyes, not wanting to miss any of his reactions. Derek read the paper, then put it down and looked at Selena, then looked at Stiles.

"Call Scott and tell him to meet us at his place. Now.", Derek said confidently and stared at Stiles.

"Now?", Stiles asked confused and Dereks expressions slowly changed into an angry one.

"Yes, Stiles. Right now.", Derek repeated and suddenly ripped off every single cable and plaster from his body. Stiles just stood there, not knowing what to do while Derek put on his jeans and t-shirt and Selena handing him his jacket and shoes, like it was the most normal thing in the world. Like Derek wasn't human and needed to stay in the hospital for at least four more days. And so, Stiles just did what Derek asked him to.