CHAPTER 8

Derek was weak, he was hurt but he did not heal. Stiles put his arms around Dereks shoulders to steady him and walked him into the clinic. Even though he was happy to see Derek alive, he was quite disappointed, that he wouldn't get any pizza now.

"Scott!", Stiles called while pushing the door open with one hand. Scott was there in less than three seconds and helped Stiles to bring Derek inside.

"Derek, what happened?", Deaton asked and started to check on Derek, after they helped him to lie down on one of the treatment tables.

"I lost my power.", Derek whispered and squeezed his eyes shut while Deaton touched his wounds.

"You're not an alpha anymore?", Deaton asked and looked at Derek with both, confused and shocked eyes. Derek didn't answer and shook his head no.

"No. He's not a werewolf anymore. I can't scent him or feel this connection anymore.", Scott explained and Stiles noticed how everyone suddenly seemed to panic when Derek nodded his head. Stiles knew that, in this second, everyone had the same name in their mind. Selena. Stiles thought of what Peter had said just a few minutes ago and he wasn't sure anymore which stories and legends he should trust.

"Derek, we need to take you to the hospital if you don't heal.", Scott said and looked at Deaton to seek help. Dr. Deaton just nodded and knew that he wasn't able to help Derek in this situation. Derek was a human now. Derek nodded again and sat up slowly. He looked into Scotts eyes and opened his mouth.

"It was...", he began weakly before he blacked out and Scott had to catch him, so he would not fall face first to the ground.

"Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I already hate him as a human.", Stiles grumbled and couldn't believe that the big bad wolf was not able to keep his shit together for only one more second to tell them a name. Scott looked at Stiles with an expression, that reminded him of the face his dad made, when Stiles did something stupid. While Scott tried to pick Derek up, Stiles went outside to find the keys he had lost when he saw Derek.

"Hurry up, Stiles!", Scott yelled and seemed to have problems with holding Derek.

"I'm sorry that I'm not able to see in the dark. I'd like to remind you once again, that I am HUMAN!", Stiles replied and tried his best to find the keys with the help of only the small light of his phone. Scott rolled his eyes, shut them down and opened them again just to look at Stiles with glowing red eyes.

"Four steps to the left.", Scott navigated his best friend so Stiles was finally able to pick up the keys and drive them to the hospital. Just like the last time, Melissa was the first one to notice them. Stiles was sure that he saw her rolling her eyes before she came up to them.

"What happened this time?", she asked and looked at Derek who was still blacked out.

"We don't know. But he's not a werewolf anymore, he needs help.", Scott whispered and Melissa understood that this was serious. She didn't waste any more time and got a doctor and other nurses to help.

"I'll call you.", she said before she followed the nurses with Derek and disappeared in one of the rooms at the end of the hallway.

"Do you think that Selena did this to him?", Scott finally asked and looked at Stiles who shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not sure what to think anymore.", he answered and followed Scott back to the parking lot. They drove back to the animal clinic and were welcomed by Allison, Lydia, Selena and a big pizza. It was not a secret that out of these four, it was the pizza who made the boys eyes sparkle.

"Was Peter able to help you?", Allison asked and looked at Dr. Deaton, knowing that none of the three hungry boys would answer her while there was pizza to eat.

"No, unfortunately not. I'm very sorry.", Deaton lied and Stiles looked at Scott and Isaac who both tried not to look surprised. They thought that Deaton must have a good reason to lie so they all didn't say anything. Maybe it was better not to tell Selena their assumption about her being a goddess of the moon, when Derek actually lost his powers. Allison just nodded and turned her head when she saw headlights of a car outside.

"That's my dad. Selena can stay with me until we find a better solution. See you guys tomorrow?", Allison asked and picked up some of the shopping bags which lied on the floor.

"Yeah, we will work everything out.", Scott said and smiled at Selena comfortingly. Selena nodded and thanked him before she followed Allison and Lydia who were carrying so many shopping bags, that it was hard for them to walk.

"Oh, here. I got my own jacket now, so you can have this one back.", Selena remembered and took off the grey jacket, which was way too big for her. Selena smiled and handed the jacket to Stiles who just smiled at her weakly. Selena seemed so innocent to him. So shy, kind and with her bright blue eyes and her bright blonde hair, she almost looked like an angel. Was she really able to take a werewolf's power away? To fight and to hurt them? And if so, why would she do that?