CHAPTER 24

Stiles had not been able to concentrate the whole day. Instead of focusing on his classes, all he could do was thinking of Selena and waiting desperately for her to text him back. Every time they met at Derek's loft to get Selena's room done, Stiles hoped to see her there. Nothing happened though and he was faced with the fact, that she was ignoring him. Lydia tried to assure him, that Selena also didn't text her or Kira, but that didn't make him feel any better. He had kissed her out of nowhere. Right in the moment, where she got her memories back. The timing could not have been worse and he understood, that she didn't want to see him now. Not that it would change the fact, that he was hurt by it.

"Hey Stiles, can we talk? I might have found something, that could help us with the alpha.", Kira said and teared the boy out of his thoughts. The girl dropped a stack of paper on the table before sitting down. Kira, Lydia and Allison had tried to read the bestiary in the last few days, hoping they would find anything that would give them a competitive edge against the alpha.

"What is it?", Stiles asked, after he had sorted his thoughts and was able to focus on something else.

"This one. It's a creature named Coraptor. It can take a person's character, or like, their soul. They survive, but are not able to feel emotions anymore or to have like, an individual character. It's like they fall into deep depression.", Kira explained and moved the paper, so Stiles could read it.

"I mean, Derek does give me some depressed emo kid vibes, but I don't think that this is what happened to him.", Stiles answered and looked back at Kira, not really getting her point.

"That's what I thought too, but then I had this idea. Like werewolves are both, right? Human and wolf. So in some way, their character has two sides. Maybe even two souls? Maybe the Corpator took his wolfs character. Like, Derek lost his side of the wolf but kept his humanity. According to the bestiary, the Coraptor steals the character of a human to become a human itself. The more characters or humanity he takes, the more human he gets. What if the Coraptor focuses on werewolves? Taking their wolf sides to become a werewolf itself. That would explain why he's closer to a wolf than a human. Because he takes the wolves sides only. Instead of becoming human, he's becoming..."

"A second Peter.", Stiles muttered and Kira nodded, mentioning him that this was exactly what she was thinking. Stiles thought, that all of Kiras theory made sense. It would explain how the alpha could steal the powers, without killing other alphas and how he's more animalistic than human.

"We should meet at the animal clinic with Scott and Deaton after school. Maybe we can think of something together.", Stiles suggested and Kira nodded. She grabbed the paper again and placed it on top of the stack before putting it back in her bag. Scott reached their table a few seconds later and sat next to Kira. Stiles and Kira didn't bother to explain their new theory again, both knowing that Scott had already listened to them while he had gotten his lunch from a few feet away.

"Do you think that Selena would be able to take the alphas power? If your theory about the Coraptor is right, then we don't know how much power he actually has. She already struggled with Peter and he's not even an alpha.", Scott said before shoving a handful of fries into his mouth.

"I mean, we could kill him. But then, Selena would keep her power and Derek wouldn't get his one back.", Kira replied and shrugged her shoulders, thinking that they only had two options here.

"Maybe she can practice it. She could try to take the powers of two wolves at the same time. Like a training, so she can get stronger.", Stiles said and used his fork to shove his salad from one side to another on his plate.

"And who should be those werewolves? I doubt that Peter is going to volunteer.", Kira pointed out to which Scott raised his head to look at Stiles.

"Me and Isaac. She gave Peter his power back, she will do the same to us." Stiles nodded slowly when he noticed that Scott was waiting for his agreement. Scott just was like that. He would always run through the fire for his friends and he would never let someone innocent suffer because of their problems. Even if that meant he had to sacrifice himself.

"Did Allison text you?", Stiles suddenly asked and tried to cover his impatience, knowing though that Scott could hear his heartbeat speed up. Allison had skipped a few classes in the past days, to take care of Selena. Kira and Scott shook their heads. The both of them didn't say anything though, knowing that any kind of coaxing wouldn't be enough to cheer up the nervous boy.

"She texted me a few minutes ago.", Stiles suddenly heard a light voice and looked up to see Lydia. She placed her handbag next to the table and sat down next to Stiles. Lydia noticed his nervous movements and rolled her eyes.

"Derek took her to the loft. She seemed to be happy about it.", she said and smiled lightly. Scott and Kira returned her smile, even Stiles felt better, knowing that Selena finally had a real home. Stiles spent the last few classes just as unfocused and nervous like before. He felt relieved, when he finally heard the bell ring for the last time that day. Just as he left the building to meet Scott and Kira outside, he felt his phone vibrate. His hands grabbed for his phone faster than he could even think about it and whole body froze, when he finally saw her name on the display. On my way to you was all the text message said. It was enough for him to lose his mind.

"Scott, I gotta go! You and Kira have to meet Deaton on your own!", Stiles shouted over to his friend who was waiting for Stiles at his jeep. Scott just frowned and nodded, jumping back right in time before Stiles could hit him with the jeep.