CHAPTER 12

Hi everyone! This chapter was not supposed to be like that but I watched christmas movies all day so I kinda was in a romantic mood. So please forgive me for this cheesy Stiles chapter, the christmas time just got me today.

Anyway, the next two chapters will be about Selenas past and about her supernatural powers, it will get interesting! (I hope)

Love, Vanessa

____________________________________

Selena got frustrated after she heard the sentences "We will find out" and "We are missing something" countless times and left the room without any other word. She knew that everyone tried their best to help her, but this didn't change the fact, that this whole situation was too much to deal with. Selena left the hospital and slowed down her pace when the fresh air surrounded her body. Cold air found its way to her heavy lungs and she was finally able to breathe again. In the middle of the parking lot, there was a bench, surrounded by all the cars. Selena sat down and closed her eyes while taking deep breaths. She felt how someone sat next to her but refused to open her eyes. And she didn't need to because she already knew who it was, just by his warmth and scent.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude.", Selena said and eventually opened her eyes, still not looking at him.

"It's ok, we understand.", Stiles answered and Selena could feel his gaze on her. From everyone, Stiles tried the most. Or maybe she just felt like he did. Every time she looked at him, Selena wondered how he was able to bear all of that. This life in this city, with constantly being in danger to save someones life. And every time, she thought that Stiles was the strongest of all of them. It wasn't Scott or Lydia, not Kira or Allison. It was Stiles, who still was himself, still human, while everything around him burst into flames, attracting pain and death. And he was the only one she really trusted. Whenever Selena was near him, she had this weird feeling. It felt like magnets attracting each other, a feeling of knowing she would be caught if she would fall. It was the same feeling she had, when she saw Derek earlier.

"Do you want to leave?", Selena heard Stiles say and finally turned her head to look at him. She nodded her head and stood up slowly. Stiles smiled weakly and searched for his keys, playing with them until they reached the car.

"Where do you want to go?", he asked with a grin when they both sat in the silent car.

"I don't know.", Selena whispered and clenched her fists, so her fingers would stop moving around nervously. There was a chaos of messy thoughts inside her head and a chaos of messy feelings inside her body. And she wasn't able to sort any of that, she didn't even know where to begin. All she wanted was peace. A place where she felt safe, where she could rest. Selena just wanted to go home, but she didn't have a home. So she thought of the one place, which felt close to the feeling of home.

"Can we go to your place?", Selena asked and looked at Stiles, hoping he wouldn't ask any further questions. His grin turned into a soft smile, nodding his head as he started the car. Stiles talked the whole time, telling Selena stories of the pack, Lacrosse or school. Selena just listened and smiled, thinking about how the friendship between Stiles and Scott probably worked like that. Stiles talked and Scott listened.

"Oh, my dad is home.", Stiles noticed when the jeep stopped in front of his house. Stiles jumped out of the car, Selena climbed out slowly and closed the door carefully, scared to break anything. She followed Stiles inside the house, watching him taking off his shoes and placing the keys on the small table next to the door. His movements looked like he was on autopilot and Selena thought about how much she missed those things. Entering a room and feeling so comfortable and safe, that your body just does its work on its own, no need to think or worry about anything. Just feeling home.

"Hey Dad!", Stiles called and went into the kitchen, Selena following him. She shyly stood in the doorway and greeted the sheriff who sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee, a piece of cake and a lot of papers in front of him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you wanted to visit Derek to solve some supernatural problems." He asked and took a sip of his coffee. Selena waited for Stiles to answer, until she looked at him and realized that he was busy eating cake.

"I needed a break from the supernatural problems. Or maybe from all the problems.", Selena answered and turned her head again to look at the sheriff.

"That's understandable, you must be confused."

"No, I... I actually think I'm kind of angry.", Selena said without thinking and for the first time, she was being honest with herself. Anger was the only feeling she could actually categorise, it was the only feeling that reminded her that she was still alive, that she was still human. Selena noticed how Stiles and his dad exchanged looks before Stiles put the cake down and took her hand.

"Come.", he just said and led her upstairs to his room.

"So, you're angry. I mean that's good, just let it out like we learnt at the Eichen House.", he said and stood in front of Selena. Selena remembered the countless hours of therapy where she was supposed to feel anger and learn how to deal with it. It was supposed to help her let go of her pain and thoughts but truth is, she was never able to. Selena was never able to feel anger, because she replaced it with guilt.

"I can't.", she said and stared at the wall behind Stiles. Stiles ignored her words and took a few steps forward, stopping just a few inches away from her. He carefully took her hands and placed them on his chest.

"C'mon, push me.", Stiles said and Selena shook her head no, still refusing to look at him.

"Go." Stiles let his hands fall from hers and Selena rolled her eyes, knowing that he wouldn't stop until she would try. She sighed and pushed Stiles away from her weakly. Stiles held his balance without any problems and didn't even move his feet.

"Try again. Do what they told us this time." Stiles placed her hands on his chest again. Selena sighed again, closing her eyes. She tried to collect all her thoughts, worries and feelings. She thought of the situation back at the hospital, the frustration, the desperation, the fear. She imagined how her memories turned into fire, took a deep breath and pictured how the fire moved from her chest through her arms and how it escaped from her hands when she pushed Stiles again. Selena opened her eyes and noticed that Stiles moved his foot to keep his balance.

"Good, but there's more." Selena placed her hands on Stiles chest and closed her eyes again. She felt how Stiles tensed his muscles, making it even harder for her to push him away. And again, she imagined the fire inside of her. But this time, she thought of everything, she remembered everything. And with every memory, her heartbeat got faster and her breath got heavier. She could feel how the fire moved through her veins, her body burning as she squeezed her eyes shut and pushed Stiles away from her. And suddenly, something changed. Selena felt anger in every part of her body, she felt how fresh air entered her lungs, burning when it left again, how her heart pumped the blood through her veins to every part of her body. She opened her eyes to see Stiles standing in front of her. Everything seemed brighter and she was able to capture every ray of sunshine. Stiles was surrounded by a golden light, shimmering like the aura of an angel. Stiles took a step back but suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Keep going." So Selena did. She repeated her actions until Stiles hit the wall with his back. Selena stood in front of Stiles and breathed heavily, her hands were still on his chest and her muscles were burning. Stiles just stood there and looked into her glowing, silver eyes. Stiles carefully grabbed her wrists, her eyes following his movements. And suddenly Selena couldn't do anything than focusing on the feeling of his hands touching hers. She felt how her heartbeat came back to a rhythm and how her muscles began to relax. Selena closed her eyes, opened them again and noticed that the bright light and the golden shimmer were gone. Stiles breathed out and placed one hand at the back of her head, placing the other arm around Selenas shoulders to pull her closer. Selena leant her head against his chest and put her arms around his waist, gripping his t-shirt for fear of Stiles ever letting her go again.