CHAPTER 4

"I had a breakdown again three days ago. They retained me and gave me sedative until I laid still. I-I think that they gave me too much or some wrong medicine. I was in pain for days, had muscle cramps and my body felt like my veins pumped fire instead of blood. I laid there for three days until the night I ran away. Some man came into my room that night, his eyes were glowing red. And then his face changed, his teeth, his hands, his legs, everything. He looked like a freaking wolf just that he was standing on two legs. He tried to choke me and then the last thing I remember is how I put my hands around his wrists and he suddenly froze. Apparently, I ran away after that." Selena tried to remember every detail but her memories were blurry and she wasn't even sure, if all of this really happened, or if she just lost her mind. At this time, Selena didn't trust herself or her memories. Stiles thought, that he should say something to make her feel better, to let her know that she could trust him, to let her know, that she was safe. But he wasn't able to find the right words.

"I know someone who will be able to help you. They should be here soon, you don't have to be afraid."

"They?", Selena asked nervously and Stiles noticed that his words sounded like he would bring a whole team of doctors and therapists.

"My best friend, Scott. And his boss, Dr. Deaton. He's a vet. And my dad, he's the sheriff. He will make sure that the Eichen House won't come to get you.", Stiles explained and saw how Selena widened her eyes.

"A vet? I don't know who's crazier. Me, thinking I saw a werewolf or you, thinking a vet could help me...", Selena murmured and looked at Stiles like he was crazy. Stiles tried not to laugh but felt his mouth twitching slightly.

"Seems like it had a reason why we met each other at the Eichen House." Stiles allowed his lips to form a smile when Selena laughed, just a few seconds later they heard a knock on the door. Sheriff Stilinski, Scott, Allison and Dr. Deaton entered the room. Stiles could hear is stomach growl when he saw the bag with bagels in his fathers' hands.

"Hello Selena, my name is Alan Deaton. That's Scott, Allison and Sheriff Stilinski. We would like to help you, if that's ok with you." Stiles thought that Dr. Deaton was one of the most understanding and empathic person he ever met. Selena averted her gaze of the strangers in front of her to look at Stiles. Stiles just nodded with an encouraging smile to which Selena nodded and slowly sat up in her bed.

"I would like to check your heart, lungs and blood first. It's nothing too bad, I promise.", Deaton explained friendly and Selena nodded her head again. Deaton and Stiles both noticed how Selenas eyes wandered around the room nervously.

"Hey, is it ok when I go and get something to eat with Scott and Allison? My dad is the best sheriff in the world, he will make sure that you're that safe.", Stiles said and tried to look for a solution where not too many people would be in the room while Deaton checked on Selena, but where he could also get the opportunity to tell Scott what happened to Selena. Everyone was quiet while they waited for Selena to answer but she just looked at Stiles with wide eyes. She seemed to think about his idea but didn't seem to be convinced by it.

"I'll come back right after that, I promise." Stiles' promise was everything Selena needed to nod her head yes again. While the three friends left the room, the sheriff handed the bag with bagels to Stiles and patted his shoulder slightly. Stiles just smiled and grabbed for a bagel as soon as the door closed behind them. Allison and Scott didn't say anything and just let Stiles eat his bagel while they walked through the bright hospital hall. After Stiles swallowed his last bit, Scott couldn't hide his curiosity anymore.

"Did she tell you what happened?", Scott asked and Stiles just nodded but didn't say anything. Scott took it as a good sign and waited patiently for Stiles telling them the story after they reached the cafeteria. Stiles bought himself another breakfast and a coffee, while Allison and Scott just sat down with him. Between the bites of his pancakes, Stiles finally told the story of what Selena had told him. Allison and Scott didn't say much, they both seemed to think about what Stiles just had said and tried to find any solution.

"Is there something new about Derek?", Stiles asked, after finishing his last pancake and pushed his plate aside. Scott shook his head no.

"Isaac and Lydia want to look for him today and maybe ask Danny to track his phone."

"Did your dad know something of the silver eyes? Or could you find something in the bestiary?", Stiles asked Allison but even Allison shook her head no.

"He has never seen a wolf with silver eyes and hasn't heard about it either. I didn't find anything yet in the bestiary." Again, Stiles just nodded quietly and nobody knew what to do or what to say.

"So, an alpha was there and tried to kill her?", Scott asked and tried to think of the whole story again.

"Seems so. But why though? She didn't even know that werewolves exist until then. And I'm pretty sure that she doesn't even know, that she's a supernatural creature or that her eyes glow silver. She didn't know anything about the supernatural until that night." Scott shrugged his shoulders and narrowed his eyes, not being able to figure out what really happened to Selena.

"Well, I don't know. But don't you think it's weird that some alpha shows up in town and suddenly Derek goes missing?", Stiles asked and looked at his friends with raised eyebrows.

"Well, there's no chance that this is a coincidence. There are no coincidences in this town.", Allison said confidently and with that, she expressed the thought that went through everyones mind.