33│STAGE V: HAPPINESS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Stop."

"Stop what?"

"That."

"Smiling?"

"That is not smiling," Natasha scoffed, "That is being weird."

"I'm not being weird," Jake laughed as he swung their intertwined hands as they walked.

"Yes, you are. You haven't stopped 'smiling' like a psycho all morning. How is your face not broken yet?" She furrowed her brows in genuine curiosity.

"Because I'm happy," He smiled down at her fondly before he pressed a kiss to her hand, "I finally got my lady."

Natasha smiled shyly and looked away before raising a brow. "I think I was the one who got you."

Jake paused and pursed his lips. "I don't- I don't think that's right."

"Mhm," She nodded with a smirk, "I don't think you're remembering everything right."

"No, no, I think I am," He shook his head confidently as he shrugged flippantly.

"Well, Rich has a video recording of the whole thing," Natasha reminded with faux nonchalance, "That'll jog your memory."

"Damnit, I forgot about that," He whined.

"Sure you did," Natasha sang with a laugh.

"Meh," He mumbled as he shrugged awkwardly.

"Awe," She laughed and wrapped her arm around his waist, "It's okay. I knew how you were before I asked."

Natasha smiled at the memory of that night at Shaw's Bar when she'd kissed Jake.

After she pulled away he stared at her in stunned silence as the rest of the bar erupted in cheers and applause.

"Not that Terry doesn't love love because he does but Boyle just passed out!"

That managed to snap Jake out of his shock as the two turned to see Charles face-down on the ground. Rich had a video camera out as he recorded and aggressively directed everyone so he could get the best shot.

"Move! Move!" Rich yelled as he stepped on top of Charles frantically to rush over to the two.

"Nat," Jake breathed out as he stared down at her with furrowed brows.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She asked calmly before she laughed at the look on his face.

"Charles, make some room buddy!" Rich called, "I'm coming down! Terry, get those beautiful muscular arms over here and film this for me!"

Terry rushed over to grab the camera before Rich toppled over to the ground and pointed it at the two.

The two stared at each other as if they were the only two people in the room.