2│BABYSITTING ADVENTURES

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

SCOREBOARD
PERALTA      ZAPATA
27                  28

"Ah, Captain. You're at my desk. Just what I wanna see first thing in the morning," Jake sighed as he walked into the precinct.

"You're three minutes late, Peralta," Captain Holt announced.

"Not my fault. I had a plumbing problem. Which reminds me, I'm gonna need a new departmentally issued phone," Jake smiled.

"How do you even-" Natasha trailed off with a scoff.

Jake sighed when Captain Holt didn't let up. "Oh, come on, really? I'm a few minutes late, so you're gonna call me out in front of everyone?"

"Good idea," Captain Holt nodded his head.

Natasha laughed. "So, did you take a course on how to embarrass yourself to the fullest extent or does it just come naturally to you?"

"Everyone?" Captain Holt called, "Gather round, so I can call out Peralta in front of you."

The rest of the group surrounded Jake's desk to watch.

"Okay, fine. I was three minutes late. I'm sorry for doing one thing wrong," Jake rolled his eyes.

"Oh, it's more than one thing," Captain Holt pulled a stack of filed off Jake's desk.

Jake's eyes widened. "Uh oh."

"Let's start with the Kristov murder."

Jake smirked. "It was an amazing solve. I got him to confess in 20 minutes."

"You also mislabeled the evidence, so that confession is worthless if the sergeant hadn't caught your mistake," Captain Holt corrected, "Here are three cases with sloppy paperwork."

Captain Holt set the files down and held up two pictures. "Here are two pictures. One is your locker. The other is a garbage dump in the Philippines. Can you tell which is which?"

Jake paused before slowly pointing to one. "That one's the dump?"

"They're both your locker," Captain Holt snapped.

"Gah, I should've guessed that. He's good."

"So not the point of what just happened," Natasha rolled her eyes.

"This folder is labeled 'undies, dirty'," Captain Holt grimaced as he held out the file.

"So I won't confuse it with 'undies, clean'," Jake explained.

"Why would you even keep that here? In the precinct where you work. Where other people work," Natasha grimaced.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Also, who cares about all these rules? I have more felony arrests than any other Detective here."