39│THE PRISON STINT

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Thank you for all finally showing up," Raymond gave the team, except for Natasha and Amy, a pointed look, "Let's recap. As you know, Jimmy 'The Butcher' Figgis put out a hit on Adrian Pimento, which the mob believes succeeded. For his safety, Pimento has gone off the grid."

"Remember, the only people we can trust with this information are in this room," Jake reminded them.

"That means you can't post any of this to your blog," Adam gave Rich a pointed glare.

Rich rolled his eyes and threw a hand up to brush him off. "Just because I posted a couple of detailed one-shots about my favorite 99 couples, Zaparalta and recently Rantiago thanks to my matchmaker pastelitos. That does not mean I can't be trusted with this."

"You wrote what about who?!" Natasha growled with wide eyes.

"You wrote that?!" Charles gasped in shock.

"You read it?!" Jake stared at him in disbelief.

Raymond cleared his throat. "Moving on from that disturbing revelation. Peralta is right, no one outside this room can know anything about what we are doing."

"And Genevieve," Charles added nervously, "We can trust Genevieve. We share a life. I tell her everything."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Fine, the people in this room, and Genevieve."

"Genevieve's mom also knows, but she's in a coma, dead any second, we're good."

Jake nodded slowly with a heavy sigh. "Okay."

"Jake, make Charles stop looking at me," Natasha demanded with a grimace.

"I can't," He cringed, "I don't want him to look at me either!"

"I'm sorry!" Charles cried, "But reading fanfiction about you two isn't as bad as writing it!"

"Oh ho ho," Rich narrowed his eyes, "So you're telling us you never wrote fanfiction."

Charles looked down at his hands sheepishly before he blurted out. "At least I didn't hack into CCTV footage from New York street cameras to make gifsets for my Tumblr!"

"You did what?!" Adam hissed as he stared at Rich in disbelief.

"You two have Tumblr accounts?" Rosa sneered with a laugh.

"About us?" Amy frowned as she crossed her arms sheepishly.

"That's it. I'm killing both of you," Natasha decided with a nod.

"Please don't," Jake begged her, "I don't want you to go to prison."

"Not that this isn't extremely disturbing," Terry grimaced, "But we have bigger things to talk about right now."

Raymond gave him a thankful nod. "Unfortunately, we can't just arrest Figgis, because he has a man inside the FBI. The good news is, we have a lead that's going to break this case wide open; Maura Figgis, Jimmy's sister. She's currently serving in a maximum-security prison in Texas."