7│CAFÉ CON LECHE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

SCOREBOARD
PERALTA      ZAPATA
70                  70

"The crime techs aren't done yet, but I'm 100% sure it's Whitman," Jake told Raymond.

He smiled. "Well, let's see what kind of physical evidence they turn up, and then we can talk arrest."

"Actually, hilarious story," Jake smiled sheepishly before gesturing for Raymond to follow him.

The two stood by Captain Holt's office door as Jake pointed across the bullpen to the holding cell.

"So that is Dustin Whitman," Jake pointed to the man sitting in the holding cell.

Raymond paused. "You already arrested him? With insufficient evidence?"

Jake nodded his head stiffly.

"By law, we have 48 hours to find that evidence, or we have to let him go," Raymond turned to him, "You just started the clock."

47 HOURS, 56 MINUTES

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What's up with this emergency meeting?" Rosa huffed as she and Natasha stomped into the briefing room.

"Whoa, Detective Zapata," Terry smiled when he noticed her dress, "Big date tonight?"

Jake's head snapped away from his phone when he heard that.

"I'm meeting up with one of my friends from the F-" Natasha cut herself off, "The precinct I transferred from. I haven't seen him in a while."

Raymond caught her eye and nodded his head at her.

She was going to catch up with Jay Halstead — One of her closest friends back at the FBI before she had to leave. This was the first time she'd be seeing him in a while and not for lack of trying on his part. But she'd been putting off seeing him until she got more comfortable at the 99.

Jake smiled as he looked back down at his phone.

"Well, I think you look," He pressed a button on his phone and donkey noises rang through the briefing room.

Natasha glared at him and she pushed herself up from her seat.

"Sorry, that was supposed to be a catcall. I don't know how this works," Jake explained hurriedly as he held his hands out defensively.

"Better but still makes me want to punch you," Natasha sat back down.

"What? Why?!" Jake asked.

"Because catcalling is degrading to women and it needs to stop," She explained before Rosa held her hand out for a fist bump.

Before Jake could say anymore Amy walked into the briefing room in a pink dress.