41│CORAL PALMS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you breaking news. A detective from Brooklyn's 99th precinct is currently under federal investigation pending arrest after an anonymous clue linked the detective to dangerous gang activity. Plans to detain the rogue detective, Natasha Zapata, are already underway. Stay tuned for more on this story.

This just in! Natasha Zapata was caught on traffic cams fleeing arrest with two unidentified men. Our sources tell us one of the men is Special Agent Jay Halstead from the FBI. The FBI is now coordinating their search with local and state police to find the fugitives. Natasha Zapata and Jay Halstead are considered armed and dangerous and remain at large. If anyone has any information on their whereabouts, they are urged to come forward as soon as possible.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑 

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐒 ━━ 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀 

It had been six months since Jake and Raymond were forced into witness protection after Figgis threatened them. They were now Larry Sherbet and Greg Stickney, respectively. And while Raymond had been trying to make the best of their stay in Florida, Jake was doing anything but. He spent most of his days crying in the hot tub and thinking of Natasha.

Jake hated Florida and he hated being in witness protection. He wanted to be back at the 99, surrounded by his friends and the love of his life. He hated being so far away. The only reason he'd agreed to leave was the death threats he'd found hidden away in Natasha's apartment. She hadn't wanted to worry them so she'd kept the death threats Figgis was sending her a secret. That's when Jake relented– he would do anything for Natasha after all, especially for her safety.

But that didn't mean he had to like it. He would have much preferred to be right there next to her, making sure she was safe. Raymond had the same sentiments but he knew leaving was safer for her. They were both worried sick about her and it only made it worse that they weren't allowed any contact with old lives. All they knew was the vague updates from their handler which was strictly limited to 'she's not dead', nothing more and nothing less.

Jake spent almost every waking moment in Florida thinking about New York.

He missed Natasha. It never hit him just how much he cared for her until they'd been forced apart. While he hated Florida with a burning passion, one good thing came of it. He realized he was in love with Natasha. It was the only logical explanation as to why he could never stop thinking about her. He counted down the days until he would be able to see her again and tell her that. He counted down the days until he would be able to see her, period, actually.