𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Initial here, here, and here. And sign here."

Natasha sighed as she held the pen in her hands. She looked down at the transfer papers and her hands shook as she brought the pen to the paper.

As shaky as her signature was as opposed to her usual elegant print, it was still enough to seal the deal.

She blinked down at the papers several times; staring at her name signed on the bottom. Swallowing thickly, she pushed the papers across the table towards her superiors.

Natasha Zapata was officially leaving the FBI. And with it, she leaves her team—her family.

The Assistant Director of the FBI's New York Office smiled at the glassy-eyed woman as he looked over the papers.

Natasha sat up straighter, her gaze steely.

"This is for the best Agent Zapata, trust us."

Natasha only gave him a firm nod before pushing her chair back abruptly and making her way out of the conference room.

Just as she grazed the door handle the Assistant Director stopped her in her tracks.

"Agent- Detective Zapata, you report to the 99th precinct Monday morning. You'll have a familiar face there, Captain Raymond Holt. He's the new Commanding Officer."

Natasha took a deep breath before she flung the door open, her head held high.