48│NATASHA'S FATHER...S

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ 

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ 

"Good evening, sir," Amy smiled at Raymond when he walked into the bullpen.

"No, it's not," He hissed, "I haven't slept, because I've been going over that stupid Monty Hall problem. Now I finally understand Kevin's side."

"Cool, so it's all better and I never have to hear about math again?" Rosa asked even though she knew, from the way he was acting, that this math problem was still causing issues between them.

"Quite the opposite. I know better than ever how incorrect he is. Now, if you'll excuse me, detectives, I need to leave him a snide voicemail about kindergarten statistics," With that, he walked towards his office with a newfound determination.

"Okay, we have got to explain this thing to Captain Holt to save their relationship," Amy said decidedly since this had been going on for days now. She grinned proudly, "And you laughed at me when I went to that weekend-long math conference."

Rosa frowned. "'Cause you called it 'funky cats and their feisty stats.'"

"That was the name!" Amy defended excitedly, "It was so cool."

"Sorry, baby, but it was not," Adam admitted as he joined them with four cups of coffee.

Amy crossed her arms and pouted. Her boyfriend chuckled fondly and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his chest, and kissing the top of her head.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I love little nerd Amy," He promised and leaned down to kiss her.

"Anyway, it's not about the math," Natasha explained, "They're stressed out because my father's coming to Thanksgiving."

Amy's brows furrowed. "You mean your father, the notorious crime lord? The one on the FBI's most-wanted list?"

"Uh-huh," She nodded without elaborating in the slightest.

"He gave us intel on a gang we've been tracking for years. We just busted the whole operation," Adam explained, knowing his best friend wouldn't, "And in exchange, he just wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family."

"Aha," Rich nodded thoughtfully as he joined them, stealing Natasha's coffee, "So, what you're saying is, Tasha's fathers are projecting their nerves on each other because of her other father."

Rosa thought it over for a moment. "They just need to bone," She stated casually. 

Amy's eyes widened and she stammered out. "What? Gross! Rosa, those are our dads!" She froze and chuckled awkwardly, "I mean... That's not what I think. Captain Dad is just my boss."

"Wow," Rosa breathed out in disbelief.

"Captain Dad?" Natasha repeated slowly with furrowed brows.

"Man, you are all kinds of messed up, huh?" Rich mused, "Wait, don't you already have a dad?"

It didn't make sense to him how she had father issues when, unlike Jake, she had a father.