11│DID YOU SAY DOTCOM

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

SCOREBOARD
PERALTA ZAPATA
79 80

"Looking good. Happy Hanukkah," Jake called to one of the uniformed officers he passed as he made his way to his desk.

"You look happy," Amy gave him a condescending smirk, "Let me guess. Your egg sandwich fell on the floor and they gave it to you for free."

"No," Jake's eyes widened, "Can you do that? Why doesn't everyone just drop their sandwiches on the floor?"

Amy sighed. "I was trying to insult you."

"And instead, you gave me an amazing life hack," He smiled as he sat down in his seat.

"Peralta, I lose more and more respect for you everyday," Natasha shook her head with a laugh. Amy had forced her to help her choose Raymond-friendly wrapping paper for all the gifts she'd gotten him. She ignored Natasha's only piece of advice; Raymond did not want gifts.

And if he did, he'd want it wrapped in kraft wrapping paper — the plainest of all wrapping papers. Natasha learned that through trial and error on several gift giving occasions. This Christmas she went bold with a twine bow —the plainest of all ribbons— tied around the kraft paper. That was how she wrapped Kevin's presents every year but decided Raymond might enjoy it for once too.

"Oh, Amy, you shouldn't have. But this is embarrassing. I didn't get you a present," Jake smiled as he reached over to grab one of the several gifts wrapped in glittery, colorful paper.

Amy slapped his hand away with a scoff. "The gift is for Captain Holt. It's one of six presents I got him representing the six lessons that he's taught me; determination, wisdom, posture..."

Natasha laughed as Jake pretended to fall asleep as Amy droned on about the presents.

"Excuse me, everyone," Raymond called as he stood by his office, "As you may know, this is the holiday season. Detectives sometimes feel the urge to buy their captains holiday presents. Please refrain from doing so. Under no circumstances do I want a present. Peralta, my office."

"Roger that!" Jake clambered off his seat.

"Oh, my God, I have to return so many items," Amy whined as she threw her head back.

"I know," Jake laughed as he passed her desk.

"Told you so," Natasha smirked as the rest of the squad surrounded Amy's desk.

"Shut up," Amy glared at the two.

"Why do you think the Captain wants to talk to Jake?" Charles worried as they faced the Captain's office, which had the door shut and the blinds drawn.

"He probably got into trouble," Amy laughed, "Again."

Terry and Rose nodded their head in agreement, that was a recurring event at the 99.