1│GAME ON

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What are you doing?" Natasha watched Captain Raymond Holt with narrowed eyes.

The two had arranged to meet outside the 99th precinct and enter together. Natasha appreciated Captain Holt's attempt at making her transfer form the FBI as comfortable as possible. But greeting her with an alarmingly bright smile only unnerved her.

"According to a recent study, the physical act of smiling can improve your mood. I thought that it would help you feel more comfortable with your recent transfer. I know it wasn't your ideal choice," Captain Holt explained.

Natasha gave him a half-smile. "Thanks Holt but I don't think that's going to work."

"But you haven't tried it yet."

"I don't have to."

"Well, the next level would be forced laughing. Perhaps we should try that."

"As much as I would love to see you do that, I think this is something that has to go away on its own," Natasha smiled.

"Very well Natasha," Captain Holt nodded his head.

"How many times have I told you to call me Tasha," Natasha rolled her eyes.

"As many times as I have refused to do so," Captain Holt answered immediately.

"At least some things don't change," Natasha smiled, "Wait, I'm going to have to call you Captain now aren't I?"

"That would be ideal, yes. 'Holt' does not possess the level of professionalism I would like to employ at the precinct."

The level of professionalism Captain Raymond Holt was referring to was not new to Natasha. In fact, she was standing outside the precinct because of it. While the Captain had insisted on arriving at the 99th precinct early, he also insisted that they wait until exactly 9 o'clock to enter.

"So, what did Kevin do for the big day?" Natasha smirked.

"Kevin was equally as excited for my first day as Commanding Officer. He treated me to my favorite oatmeal, plain. He also wishes you the best on your first day."

Natasha paused. "So, you don't even put any fruits with it? I mean, I like a little brown sugar on top."

"I don't think the most significant part of that story was the plain oatmeal."

Natasha laughed and nodded her head.

"Well, it is 8:57. I believe we should make our way inside now."

"Finally," Natasha huffed.

"Punctuality is an important aspect of good leadership Natasha," Captain Holt reminded her.

"Yeah, so is not making your detectives freeze," She joked.

"The weather today promised clear skies with a light breeze. There is no way you would freeze, regardless of how long I chose to keep you outside Agent Zapata."