20│THE JIMMY JAB GAMES VII

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Listen up. There's been an issue with the motorcade. The Serbian President is delayed in Washington, and we can't start locking down intersections until he takes off," Raymond informed the squad at their morning briefing.

"Apparently he's on an important call with the Albanian President," Terry explained.

"Is that Bujar Nishani or is it still Bamir Topi?" Amy raised a brow.

"Oh, Ames, let me check," Gina pulled out her phone, "Hmm, it just says no one likes you."

"There's a three-hour delay, minimum," Terry continued, trying to get back on track, "Captain Holt and I will have to leave for a meeting at One Police Plaza. You should all stay prepped and ready."

"Dismissed," Raymond called before he and Terry left the briefing room to go over their presentation for One Police Plaza.

"Guys, guys, guys," Jake jumped from his seat before anyone else could leave, "Three-hour delay with no Holt or Terry? Do you have any idea what this means?"

"Makeovers," Charles immediately answered.

"Checking out the drugs in evidence for a 'routine inspection'?" Rich guessed with a sly smile.

"No to both those things," Jake shook his head before he grinned, "The Jimmy Jab games!"

"Yeah!" The 99, apart from Rich, Natasha, and Jay, cheered.

Thankfully Jake went into an explanation before either of the three had to ask.

"The first Jimmy Jabs were held in 2008 when the King of Iraq-"

"President, Iran," Rosa corrected Jake.

"Armen Jimmy Jab."

"Ahmadinejad."

"Came to New York, and we were on call for nine glorious hours in case there were protests. On that day, a young genius named Jake Peralta used the last piece of his bagel to create the first Jimmy Jab event. The Monster Mouth Bagel Toss. And the rest was history. As soon as Holt and Terry leave, we will commence with Jimmy Jab 7: Circus of Fools," Jake decided with an excited gleam in his eyes.

"Jimmy Jabs. Jimmy Jabs. Jimmy Jabs! Jimmy Jabs! Jimmy Jabs!"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"So Jimmy Jabs, huh?" Jake smiled innocently as he walked over to Rosa, "What do you say we make it interesting this year? Aha! We could play for Katie's number."

"No," She deadpanned immediately before she raised a brow, "Is this why you wanted to do Jimmy Jabs?"

"No. Yes," He huffed with a frown, "Why? What gave it away?"