Chapter 8; "Do I look like a Ostrich-horse?"

I peered my eyes open only to see myself in the same position I fell asleep, but I felt so much better. I felt his chest rise and I knew that he was awake and waiting for me.

        "I'm sorry." I spoke softly.

        "Don't worry about it." he said rubbing small circles with his thumb on my shoulder. It was a reassuring gesture and I appreciated it.

        "I want you to meet my brother." I said finally after silence engulfed us for a while. I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed softly and I couldn't help but smile.

        "It's about time." he said after his little laughter fit. I smiled and sat up with a small stretch. I'm sure my brother was wondering where I was, along with Kakuro. I stretched once more while Gansu sat up.

        "He won't like you." I said with a teasing smile. "He is very protective of me, so try and be on your best behavior." I said with a small but funny warning.

        "Yes Mom." he said with a laugh. I laughed along and finally stood up as Gansu did also. I got in a small stance and looked at Gansu, but he poked a finger up that signalled me to wait. I looked at him confused while he got in his own stance.

        "Hang onto me." he said. I nodded slightly confused but did as told. I hugged around his neck and waited for him to do what ever he wanted to do. He launched his arms in the air and the ground shot up. I hugged tighter around his neck and latched my legs around his waist so now I was on his back. We launched into the air from the river only getting momentarily wet. We were easily ten feet in the air from the launch and I clung to Gansu.

        He chuckled and did a front flip while I burrowed my head in the crook of his neck. He land with a slight shake of the ground while I clung to Gansu even after we landed.

        "We landed right?" I said with muffled talks into his shoulder. I felt his shoulders shake as he laughed at my fear.

        "Yes, do you want me to give you a piggy back ride to your brother?" he said sarcastically. I nodded against his back and he laughed while he began to walk towards our campsite with him holding my legs up while I locked my arms loosely around his neck.

        "Faster my trusted Ostrich-horse!" I said pointing one hand forward with my arm out stretched.

        "Do I look like a Ostrich-horse?" he said looking at me.

        "Yes," I said simply with a straight face. He then stopped and looked at me. I scoffed and grabbed some water from my seal skin pack and made a water whip next to his ear. It made a loud sound and he walked forward again only faster. I smiled and replaced the water back into my pouch and hugged closer to Gansu.

        We walked the rest of the way back in silence, but when we reached the camp I began to get a ear full. I hopped off of Gansu and jumped in front of him protectively with water out in front of me.

        "Who in moon spirits is this!" he yelled holding out water from each side of him.

        "Calm down Haku! If you sit down and let me explain then-," I was cut off by Haku sending a flying spear towards Gansu's head. I did a back kick and kicked it away just before it hit his face. I then brought a wall of water up and crashed it down on him and froze it at the slight push of a breath.

        "Calm down!" I yelled firmly to my struggling brother. He calmed down, but he remained angered. I couldn't understand why.

        "You were gone all night to see this guy. How long have you been seeing him!" he yelled more then asked.