Chapter 19; "Haku, get up."

I awoke once again on the cold cage floor. It has been almost a month since I ended up in this cell. I've learned a few tricks from Zahara, but I had a huge hunch about her not being a natural waterbender. Something pulled me to the thought and I am still not sure why.

        Zahara is so cool! We are really similar, but we had differences. I learned that she was really a good waterbender with a ton of tricks up her sleeves. I, however, knew things she didn't also. We didn't care if we got stuck in the furnace. The guards were sloppy about sweat. In the furnace we got our most freedom because of the steam and sweat. Sloppy guards.

        We have been preparing an escape plan to find my brother and Gansu then to leave; however, our plan still had many flaws. Every night we would talk when the second guard turned to the right along another path in the maze of cages. That gave us about five minutes to talk.

        "So, I have an idea." she began.

        "Continue," I said scooting closer to her cage so we didn't need to talk loud.

        "We both get sent to the furnace, fight off the guards and steal there clothes." she said quickly.

        "Tonight? The females come around every thirteen minutes every switch." I asked her.

        "Sooner the better." she said with a shrug.

        "How will we fight without our bending?" I asked slightly conflicted.

        "We are stronger then them. We can fight without bending." she said sticking her hand out for a fist bump.

        "Lets do this." I said with a smile as I fist bumped her hand. We sat my the door of the cell and waited for the guards to come around.

        "Hey guard. I'm thirsty!" I urged.

        "Me too!" Zahara complained.

        "You don't get water tell tomorrow." the first female said.

        "I want it now!" I said reaching out to her.

        "Back in your cell you piece of crap." she hissed, hitting my hands. I grabbed them back and gave a low growl to her.

        "Don't treat her like that!" Zahara said reaching out.

        "Back in your cell." the second female said hitting her hands.

        "Go to hell!" I hissed to them.

        "That it to the furnace!" she yelled to me. She hit me across the face as she pulled me from my cage. I grunted as I obliged.

        "Hey you idiotic bitch." Zahara started. "Why do you have this job anyways. Sleep with the general?" Zahara finished.

        "You too!" the female guard hissed. The second the cage door opened Zahara lunged. I tripped the guard who held me so she was on her back. I took one swing to her cheek and she was out. Zahara was already taking off the outfit of the guard. I started and quickly we finished switching clothes with the guards.

        I adjusted my helmet and closed the cage the guard was now in. We looked at each other and nodded. We then continued doing the rounds the other female guards to search for my brother. We walked around and looked for my brother. 

        We took the last right in the round when I saw him. No wonder why he didn't hear me the first day. He was so far away from where I was. I missed him so much.