Chapter 18; "Fire nation raid!"

"I see the town!" I exclaimed as the moon shone above us. We decided to walk till we reached it seeing as we wanted to get there badly. We didn't watch our water supply as closely which was surprisingly okay. We still had the paradise bird full and the town was just up ahead.

        "Kakuro, look!" I said pointing eagerly up ahead. He barked happily and got into a pouncing position. I chuckled and mounted on his back with Gansu followed and then Haku. Kakuro took off. We were at the town within seconds. I lead him to Sue an Hiro's home.

        It took a few minutes, but we eventually arrived. I hopped off of his back and waited for Haku and Gansu to come down while they did I waterbent a large water amount of water out of my sack and gave it to Kakuro. He lapped it up quickly and by time he was done the boys were down and waiting. I nodded and composed myself.

        "Go ahead knock." I told Gansu. He knocked on the door firmly and almost immediately the door opened.

        "Sue," Hiro called. We entered his home with his permission while Kakuro rested out front.

        "Yes dear?" she called back entering the room. The second she laid eyes on us she engulfed us in hugs.

        "Did you find it? Do you need water?" she began asking.

        "Yes we found it. Wan Shi Tong is a lovely host. He even let us rest there for a night!" I exclaimed  happily. "Also no we do not need water. We are quiet hydrated."

        "You need rest." she said quickly. "Please rest here for the night." she said smiling. I gave a sweet nod and she quickly set up the old couch for us. It was decided that Haku and I would sleep on the couch because we were siblings while Gansu slept in the chair.

        "Get rest." she said smiling.

        "Thank you for inviting us into your humble home." I said with a grin.

        "It is our honor." Hiro said. I bowed to him and the he turned to go to his room to sleep. We settled down and quickly sleep took me.

        "Out on the streets!" a gruff voice said barging into Hiro and Sue's home. I stood up quickly along with Gansu and Haku who were just as shocked as me. I quickly ran to the streets obliging to the fire nation soldier only because I wanted to see if Kakuro was okay. He had a metal muzzle strapped on and chains that held him into the ground with metal stakes.

        "Kakuro!" I yelled running up to him. He whimpered as he looked up at me. I looked around to see fire nation soldiers pulling people from their homes. Everyone looked frightened and scared.

        "Tsuk, whats going on?" Haku asked trying to get metal chains from Kakuro.

        "I don't know!" I exclaimed. Hiro and Sue came from the house clutching Kau. He looked scared as he clutched Knut.

        "Fire nation raid!" Gansu blurted. He was right. The town was being raided of what seemed to be only earthbenders.

        "They're taking the earthbenders." I said quietly. "They're taking the earthbenders." I said louder to the five next to me.

        "Oh no." Hiro said holding Sue and Kau closer to him.

        "We need to help them." I said standing to the two.

        "What about Kakuro?" Haku said quickly.

        "I have it. Start helping the benders get free. Encourage them to fight back." I said to them. They nodded and were off. I pulled water from my pouch and sliced it over the metal. The cuff on his leg broke off. I did that for the rest of them and then the muzzle. He licked my cheek and began to growl as a soldier came near us.