Chaper 24; "Some guy named Jet."

(A/N: TSUKIKO'S SPIRIT TWIN TO THE SIDE)

        "We need to get to Ba Sing Se, but how do we get in?" I said as Kakuro raced in the country with us on his back.

        "Well, if we get to there, then we will need to either funnel our way under or somehow go through." Haku suggested.

        "Yeah, but I'm sure people have tried that before and failed because of there security." Zahara said.

        "Well, we need to get in." I said simply.

        "What happens after we find her?" Gansu said simply.

        "I don't know. Maybe we can search for the avatar next." I said with a laugh.

        "Yeah, cause he is coming back." Gansu said sarcastically.(A/N;IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS TAKES PLACE A YEAR BEFORE THE AVATAR IS FOUND AT THIS MOMENT) We all shared a laugh as we exited fire nation and headed toward Ba Sing Se. If my calculations are correct then we should reach Ba Sing Se tomorrow. Seems simple enough.

        Once we were at the edge of a very large forest Kakuro stopped. We saw a Earth kingdom city in the distance, but desided not to go. I slid down his neck and over his head as he leaned his head down. I landed with both feet firmly on the ground and looked back to see the others getting off.

        "Zahara and Haku, go find a stream and get some fish for super. Gansu can you get some nuts?" I spoke demanding to Haku and Zahara while my voice softened with Gansu's.

        "Sure." Haku said turning.

        "Whatever." Zahara said with a wave of her hand while she turned and began walking with Haku.

        "Of course." Gansu said giving me a side hug while turning and leaving. I smiled and ventured into the forest with Kakuro by my side to collect berries and fire wood. I found a bush not to far and began picking berries. I did the same thing with my bandana and tied it up. I began collecting fire wood when I suddenly heard a noise. It wasn't loud, but it was just enough to reach my ears. I slowly set down the logs I was carrying and my pouch of berries and turned just to come face to face with a guy.

        "Hello," he said chewing on a piece of grain.

        "Hi," I hissed slightly.

        "The name's Jet."

        "That's great." I said with a roll of my eyes. I bent down and picked up the berries and wood and continued walking.

        "Can you go away?" I said annoyed while he stood there. Kakuro began growling deeply at him, but it didn't faze him.

        "You're fire nation." he said darkly.

        "Very good." I said playing along with what he was saying.

        "What are you doing in Earth Kingdom territory?" he hissed.

        "What does it look like? Collecting wood and berries." I said sarcastically. He reached for two arched sword like weapons. I glowered darkly at him as he glared back at me.

        "Leave me alone." I said turning around and beginning to walk away.

        "What are you doing on Earth Kingdom territory?" he said gripping my shoulder and pulling me roughly back around. I grunted and dropped what I had and gave a swift kick to his side. He grunted and swung at me. I blocked it with the armor on my arm and then punched his face, but he avoided it.