Chapter 13; "tu sei il mio soldatino,"

HEY GUYS! Sorry to disturb your usual read but I do want to tell you about the female. I will be adding her in after the Spirit Library events. So message me personally or comment a character below.

        Thanks.

        Please enjoy your regularly schedule programming.

        P.S. Also I am very sorry this is late, but I just had my 15th birthday and I couldn't get a second away to type. Oh btw so you don't get dates confused my birthday was the 10th of February

~

        I awoke with the sun peaking into the windowsill. I gave a smile and curled further into Gansu's side. I felt the warmth radiating off his body and happily welcomed it; although, my mind screamed for me to get up which I unhappily obliged.

        I stood and stretched, cracking my stiff bones. I adjusted my clothes and excited the small suite with Kakuro quickly following. I chuckled and petted his head as he walked next to me. I walked to the well and pulled water from it to refill my pouch. I refilled the sack that rested on Kakuro's neck and capped both of them.

        "Wanna go for a run, buddy?" I said crouching to his level. He barked softly and then nudged his head against my side. I laughed softly and jumped up to his back and he took off into the small forest that was just before the scorching desert. It was almost a physical oxymoron. It was from full vegetation to desert in just a snap. It amused me in a way, but also frightened me at the sudden change.

        However now, I didn't let that worry me one bit. I just let Kakuro run free, because he needed it, but also because this would be the last time we would before going into the desert. Might as well have some fun before we go into a desert.

        He led me to a river, where he bent over to get a drink. I took my chance and slid down his neck into a dive into the semi-deep river. I smiled at the refreshing breath of fresh air, more or less. I surfaced and splashed my dog who looked up, but then continued lapping the water. I used one hand to bend my body above water and the other to bend a fish into a water bubble.

        I brought the bubble above the water and Kakuro immediately leapt to it, causing it to break and a polar bear dog splash a ton of water on me. I chuckled as I pushed it away with a flick of my wrist while he swam. I swam after his with a smile on my face and soon swam over his back. I held onto his neck as he jumped out of the river.

        We were drenched. I chuckled and pulled the large amount of water off of us and placed it back into the river. We began walking, slowly, back to the one room suite. I grabbed a handful of berries off of a blackberry bush and munched on them on the way back.

        close your eyes; i know what you see
        the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
        but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
        and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe

        tu sei il mio soldatino (you're my little soldier)
        la ragione per cui vivo (the reason i live)
        non ti scordar di me (don't forget me)
        io veglierò su di te (i'm watching over you)

        I sang the ancient tune softly as we walked the forest. It calmed me when I was frantic, and/or needed a friend. Possibly I had my anxiety spike or just because I need it. I was terrified to go to the desert. It was exactly opposite of where I've lived. We had water at our finger tips and ice that was freezing us to the bone, but now? Now I have to go in 110 degree whether with barely any water to a place where no one has located. I needed a friend, and I needed to be calmed.