Chapter 2

"Brother," I spoke shakily as I began to open my once closed eyes. "I'm here." he stated firmly as he healed a large bump resting on my head. I sat up slowly, knowing that if I sat to quickly it would rattle my brain.

"I'm a firebender?" I questioned as I looked at my hands. He sighed and stopped healing while taking a seat in front of me.

"I believe so. All logical signs point to it." he stated calmly. I looked up for the first time to notice Kakuro, Haku, and I all were in a small ice hut to block winds while I has passed out.

"Haku, this has not happened before. I have never read a book that talked about this. Never!" I exclaimed while throwing my hands up. I half expected fire to shoot from them.

"Really?" he gasped sarcastically. "I thought you read every book!" he said holding his hand to his chest melodramatically.

"Haku!" I rolled my eyes. He laughed slightly, earning a smile from me. It took the edge off of everything when he joked a bit.

"What do we do?" I asked after a bit of silence.

"We find out if another person has been a," he stumbled on a word to call it. "double-bender? Then we find you a master to teach you in the art of firebending." he said with a smile. As if it were that easy.

"How? I have read every book in the library and at school." I said in response. "There is no other place that we could look to figure this out."

"Oh, yeah." he sighed, defeated. I thought for a second on where I could find history of benders and almost instantly I  sparked an idea.

"The Spirt Library!" I exclaimed happily. How could I have forgotten about the biggest library of libraries?

"The what?" Haku raised a brow.

"The Spirit Library! It is a library that is run by the great spirit Wan Shi Tong, he who knows ten thousand things! We have to go!" I suddenly felt hope in my heart.

"Whoa, slow down. First you need to turn eighteen." he tone was stern. He respected the Northern Water Tribes rules, but this could be a matter of safety.

"Brother, I turn eighteen in a month! I cannot wait. What if I lose control and shoot out flames?" I asked desperately.

"I suppose you're right. We do need to learn more about this before anything bad happens, and Wan Shing Ling should know something." Haku waved his hand at the spirits name.

"Wan Shi Tong." I corrected with a playful smirk.

"Yeah whatever." he rolled his eyes and laughed. I gladly joined in but was soon stopped by a whimper from Kakuro. That was his I'm being ignored, pay attention to me whine. I chuckled and let him rest his head on my lap. I began petting between his floppy ears as I talked with Haku.

"How will we leave? Mother would never let us go." I pondered out loud.

"We could ask mother, I am sure she would understand if we just told her the situation." he paled. I nodded slowly but with a gulp. We both had our doubts, but she was our mother. 

"We should do it tomorrow at supper." I was thinking out loud.

"We can make her favorite!" he seemed to be thinking out loud too. I nodded eagerly, I have always wanted to go to Wan Shi Tong's library. It was one of my dreams.

"We need mother's permission before we go jumping to conclusions and planning things." I stated before we got ahead of ourselves.

"Yes, you're right.." he said after some thought.