Chapter 12; "We need to tell him something that only we know."

It has been eight days and to my surprise we made it to the desert in just that time; although, we did non stop walking and only stopped for food, water, or to sleep which wasn't often. Often times I forced us to stop so we could have proper rest whilst Haku wanted us to continue. I finally got through to him when I asked him what his rush was which shut him up.

        "Alright, we rest for two days." I said as we entered our one room suite that we rented for two days.

        "Two? One!" Haku said dropping the pack that was on his back. To give Kakuro some rest we each took our clothes on in our rolled up back packs and only let him carry only his rug and a few other things we brought, like scrolls, maps, and money.

        "Haku, we need to regain our energy, we are going into a desert! We don't even know where the Library is, so we are going to rest, regain our energy, and then form a plan. Got it?" I hissed to my brother.

        "Fine." he said annoyed. We only rented a small room because we didn't need a large room. Kakuro got the bed whilst we slept on the ground.  It would be more beneficial that way, at least we could agree on that.

        "I am going into the town to get some food. Would anyone like to come?" I asked as I set down my pack and adjusted what I wore to look presentable. Gansu stood and nodded whilst Haku just sat in the chair. I rolled my eyes, quiet annoyed at his behavior and walked out of the small suite with Gansu following behind. We walked next to each other in silence until I broke it.

        "I am sorry about my brother." I said softly.

        "It's not your doings." he said back. I smiled sweetly at him and continued walking to the market. We made it there while enjoying each others company. I grabbed a basket and grabbed a few different types of fruit, along with greens, and some nuts. We weren't going to get meat because personally it looked disgusting.

        I paid and began heading back with Gansu by my side. I nudged him playfully and he nudged me back a little harder. I did the same thing only a little harder. He did the same thing back but the next thing I knew I was on the ground with the basket sitting next to me. I chuckled softly as he tried to apologize quickly.

        He held out his hand and I took it, but not before pulling him down next to me. He fell next to me in a fit of laughter.

        "Ha ha." he said sarcastically after he finished his laughter's. I chuckled and began standing up, but Gansu pulled me down which made me fall on him.

        "That'll teach you to be mean." he said with a low chuckle.

        "I know, being close to you sucks." I said sticking out my tongue.

        "Hey," he said offended as he looked me dead in the eyes. I looked back at his golden eyes, but felt myself moving into him. Slowly, I felt his lips and mine connect, but all too soon I felt his lips leave mine. I opened my eyes and looked down at him to see him smirking while I stayed there blushing.

        "Rude," I said standing. He laughed as I helped him stand while grabbing the basket. With a final smile exchange we headed back to Haku and Kakuro.

        "We're here." I said entering the small suite. I set the basket down on the small stand and grabbed two pieces of fruit. I threw if in a perfect arch to Kakuro and he caught it, munching it down quickly.

        "Thanks." he gruffed as he grabbed two pieces for himself. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a few small pieces for Knut and set them down on the ground for her to nibble on which she did. I sat down against the wall and crossed my ankles as I bit gingerly into the fruit. I smiled as Gansu sat next to me.