Chapter 21; "We can save him."

"So, we're out of prison, Kakuro is out of the circus and all we need is to bust Gansu out of prison." I said as we made camp in a clearing of a forest just outside of the fire nation city.

        "Seems easy enough." Haku said setting up a small TP with sticks a few logs for a fire.

        "Yeah, if breaking out that prison was that easy then getting Gansu will be a snap." Zahara said with a smirk.

        "Yeah, but first we need to locate him. Then figure out a stratagy. Kakuro is a fast swimmer so getting out of there should be easy seeing as it's on an island apparently." I said thinking out loud.

        "Okay, Tsuk."my brother said standing back from the makeshift fire pit. I took my stance and unched through with a closed fist. It created just enough flame to catch the logs and sticks on fire to make it light. I sat down and leaned against Kakuro. Zahara sat acorss from me and Haku between us.

        "So, here's the plan. We ask around to see where earthbenders are kept and once located camp out on the edge of the mainland till we have a plan. Then execute the plan." I shot my plan out for them to consider.

        "I'm liking that. We can just get food from forests because I'm sure you read a book on it." my brother teased.

        "Oh hush. You'll thank me later." I said with a roll of my eyes. He chuckled at me as did Zahara and then we settled in a comfortable silence.

        "We should get some rest." I said softly.

        "Yeah. We have a big day tomorrow. We will need our sleep." Zahara said laying back on the ground.

        "Night guys." my brother said als laying back on the ground.

        "Night." I said softly as I laid back on Kakuro more comfortably. I snuggled in his side, overjoyed that he was with me instead of in the circus and in my comfort, I fell asleep.

        I slowly peeled my eyes open and sat up. Stretching my arms above my head and waiting to be more awake. I stood up and gave one final stretch before going to search for a river with Kakuro trailing behind. We discovered one a short walk away and rehydrated. I cupped my hands and sipped up the water well Kakuro lapped it up.

        I took a large amount and brought it back to the two who were still fast asleep. I called them awake and they both woke up as groggily as I did. My brother waterbent a chunk of water from mine whilst Zahara took the rest. They both drank it eagerly and soon settled in silence while they both tried to wake up.

        "Today we will go into market, ask around." I said with a nod.

        "What if people ask us why?" Haku asked standing up.

        "We can say we are curious kids." Zahara said standing up. I nodded in agreement with her.

        "What about Kakuro. We can't take him in the town." Haku said.

        "Um," I said trying to think of something. "I will stay here and collect food and make us a camp. You guys can go into town." I said coming up with something.

        "Alright." Zahara said with a nod. Then began walking with Haku to the village.

        "Well, it looks like it is just going to be us today." I said to Kakuro when Zahara and Haku were gone. "Lets go get some berries and nuts." I said walking deeper into the forest to search for a tree with nuts or even a berry bush.

         I found one further down and began picking berries. I took off the bandana and laid it out to use as a pouch. Hopefully while they're in town they will steal a few necessities like a backpack, a few pouches, and hopefully sleeping bags.

        I closed up the bandana when I had enough and went in search for a nut tree. I came up with nothing but I did go fishing. I found a few blue Gail's and caught those with ease while feeding Kakuro in the process so he was good.

        I headed back to the camp and began making a new fire with sticks I picked up along the way and a log or two. I made them into a pile rather then keeping them neat like Haku. I used a little firebending and lit the sticks. I began to skin the fish and gut them with a knife that I had picked up in town yesterday. I speared the fish and set them down on a large leaf that I currently used as a plate.

        I walked into the forest and picked up a few sticks and a few slivers of vines and headed back to the fire. I began making a stick turner to put the speared fish on. Soon enough I had it made and set up over the fire with the speared fish cooking on them.

        I grabbed the berries and spread them out on the large leaf and grabbed a nearby rock. With a swipe of my hand I pulled the water from near by flowers and cleansed the rock of dirt. Then I began mashing the berries with the rock on the leaf to make a berry sauce for the fish.

        "Tsukiko! We got the information!" I heard Zahara say from behind me. She was running up eagerly with Haku panting behind her.

        "That's great! Where are the earthbenders located?" I said still mashing the berries.

        "They are on a rig just off this coast. We can save him." Zahara said with a smile.

        "We can save him." I repeated overjoyed.

        "Hey, Haku. Can you get me three more leaves like this." I said to my panting brother. He nodded and walked off. I chuckled at his lack of cardio and continued until the berries had a smooth past.

        "Wow, this looks great." Zahara said with a smile.

        "Thanks." I said returning the smile.

        "Where did you learn to cook?" she asked.

        "When my father died my mother stopped cooking, so my brother and I cooked every night." I said with a shrug. Haku returned shortly after and gave me the leaves. I laid them out with two piece of fish on each. I took the paste and spread it on them and then handed the food to them.

        "Tsuk, this is amazing." my brother complimented.

        "Thanks." I said with a smile. "So did you guys get anything for us, seeing as we lost everything at the fire nation raid." I said sadly.

        "No, sorry T." Zahara said with a sigh.

        "That's fine. We can live a little ruff for now." I said with a shrug.

        "So, tomorrow we go to the prison and break out Gansu?" I asked.

        "Yeah. We can build our energy, but it would be better to do it at night seeing as we'll be more hidden." Haku said with a shrug.

        "At night it is then." I said with a nod. I finished my meal and disposed of the leaf in the fire then laid back on Kakuro. I sliced the air with my hand and pulled the water molecules from it. I played with a few orbs of water in my hand as my mind wandered.

        I couldn't wait to see Gansu, that was for sure, but will he be mad at us for not coming sooner? Maybe he will be happy to see us. What if we can't get him out. What if we die in the process of saving him. No, we couldn't die. Could we?

        Will Gansu hate us for even getting caught? Is he okay? What if they tortured him? What if he is dead? Maybe he is healthy and bored. Maybe he is already off of the island. I hope he is as happy to see me as I am to see him. I hope.