CHAPTER 30:A JEALOUS HUSBAND.

Alex and I were lingerie shopping and spending some quality time together. Look at me,shopping for cute lingerie to impress the man I married. Crazy how things change.

Alex wasn't happy about it!

Since he knows that our marriage is a fake,I always go to him to talk about Jeremy. I had to tell him what was going on between us,but from his reaction I'm thinking that it was a mistake to say anything at all.

Alex shook his head in disagreement."I don't like it."

"I know you don't like him and I can't blame you for that."I released a sigh,as I searched the rack of expensive lingerie."I like him,I want to give this a chance."

"He's not a good guy,Ness. I think you know that already. This marriage is just a fake-What happens when the year is up?"He asked."Do you divorce and go back to how you were before?"

I shrugged my shoulders."I don't know what's going to happen,I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see. Right now I'm just getting to know him a little better."

Not an easy task! The man doesn't like to talk about himself at all. But I am trying and that's enough. Now I just have to wait until he's ready to open up.

"I'm worried that he's going to hurt you." Alex turned towards me."I think he's going to break your heart and that's the last thing you need after what you've been through."

His negatively was really ruining my good mood,but I understand why he's concerned."Or maybe he will actually make me happy. Maybe this is a good thing. I don't expect you to like him,but I would like you to keep an open mind about me and him."

Alex unfolded his arms with a sigh. "Alright,Mind open. But only because I love you! I don't like this thing between you and him,but standing in your way isn't going to change anything."

"Thank you."I held up some lingerie for Alex's opinion."Now what do you think of these?"

"Alex turned around and picked up a Dark Blue body and handed it to me."I have had my eye on this one since we came in. Come on,Let's find a dressing room where you can try them on."

That's more like it,that's the Alex that I wanted in my time of need. I haven't done much of choosing lingerie before and I wanted his opinion.

I was sat in a fancy restaurant,across the table from my Uncle Nate who was too polite to show how impatient he was growing that Jeremy wasn't here yet. Jeremy picked this restaurant,but he's already twenty minutes late and making a bad impression.

I glanced down at my watch, and released a sigh."I'm sorry, Uncle Nate. I'm sure he won't be much longer. He probably just got held up in the office."

"Don't worry about it."He smiled."Let's give him 10,if he's not here by then we can order without him."

"I'll just give him a call."I stood from our table with my phone in hand and walked out of the restaurant. It was raining out now,so I stood by the door of the restaurant and dialled his number.

The ringing stopped and Jeremy picked up the phone."Vanessa.."

Thank god for that."Jeremy,Where are you?"Please tell me he's on his way and I don't have to go back in there and tell my Uncle that he's decided not to show up.

"I'm right in front of you."He replied, causing me to look ahead.He removed his phone from his ear and placed it in his pocket."You're standing in the rain just to call me?"

"Well-Yes."I folded my arms over my chest."You were late and I was starting to get worried. Did you get held up at the office?"

"No,I was with Antonio. He was telling me how he saw my Wife shopping for lingerie today with a Man. He went into a little more detail than that but I'd rather not discuss it."His face turned into a scowl,obviously he's pissed about what he's being told about me when we're not together.