CHAPTER 15:CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS.

Ava and I were indulging in a rather expensive shopping spree at Union Square in San Francisco.
Of course shopping in all the high end stores like Louis Vuitton,Valentino and Macy's wasn't something that I was used to. Despite being born and raised here,I've never shopped in the heart of the city.

Christmas time here was something out of this world,colours of red,green and warm white lights surrounded us.
I couldn't help but smile as I watched the romantic couples skate around on the ice rink holding hands.

"Christmas is quite a romantic season for young married couples."
Ava winked at me."You should ask my Son to take you ice skating."

I chuckled."Oh,I don't know about that. I don't think ice skating would be something that Jeremy would be interested in doing.
He'd probably think it's too silly."I took my eyes off the ice skaters and walked on ahead.

I couldn't imagine Jeremy Austin on the ice in one of his designer suits,completely out of his comfort zone.I think I'd rather go with Tasha and Alex,they would enjoy it.

"It doesn't hurt to ask,My Love. My son is too uptight for his own good."
She linked her arm with mine and we walked towards Macy's."Is everything okay between you two?"

"Of course,Everything is fine."

She sighed."I've noticed him lately,it seems like he has a lot going on in his mind. You know you can always talk to me about anything at all?"

I smiled at her,appreciating her offer but knowing that I couldn't tell her the truth. Despite how close I've gotten to Jeremy's Mother,I still have to lie to her. "I appreciate that,Thank You."

"Let's fine you something gorgeous to wear for this party."She smiled,before pulling me towards the store.

Finding something gorgeous to wear was the last thing on my mind,but I liked spending time with Ava. It felt like having my Mom back.
When Jeremy first mentioned the after party I was excited about the idea. That was up until he practically ordered me not to invite Alex. Alex is my best friend,how could I tell him that he's not invited when he's going to be at the Ballet sitting proudly in the front row.

I'm not doing it!!

***

After an eventful day of shopping with Ava,I was back at the mansion Christmas decorating with Finley.
Christmas was always a huge thing in my Family, we were all involved in decorating the tree with the rule of wearing our matching holiday jumpers.

Last year was a sad one for us,although we tried our hardest to keep our family tradition alive. Finley and I decorated the tree together in the apartment that I was living in with Natasha. We spent the holidays with her Family which was so generous of them..But it wasn't the same.This year will be hard too,but being with Jeremy will make it harder.

"Thanks for having me over,Ness. It's nice to keep the tradition of us doing this together."

I smiled at my Brother."Mom and Dad would have wanted it that way."
I stood back and looked at our tree."I have to say,we did a way better job at decorating than they did."

He chuckled."I was thinking the same.
This is the first time I've been in your home,it must be nice living in a Mansion."He looked around."The decor is him..It's not you at all."

"Well Jeremy and I haven't been married all that long."I placed a silver bobble on the tree."We had talked about redecorating, maybe we'll get around to it after the holidays."