CHAPTER 18: THOSE DAMP PANTIES.

VANESSA

The excitement that I was feeling after the Ballet was over,was short lived when I saw Jeremy and Alex standing in front of each other. Is Jeremy going to make a thing out of Alex being here?
Surely not in front of his Mother..But the man can be unpredictable at times.

As I made my way through the crowd in the main lobby,I was receiving smiles and words of praise. I wasn't used to the attention and the fuss, I wasn't used to being told how good I was at the thing that I've spent my whole life doing.

Of course,I've been told by Family and Friends over the years. Family and Friends that know how much dancing truly means to me. Would they even tell me if I wasn't good at it? That would be heartbreaking!!

It's different hearing it from someone else, somehow it means more because they don't know you and they don't have to say it. When it comes from Family or a Friend,it's pretty much an Obligation.

I was good tonight,I felt good up there. Like it was where I was supposed to be. I WAS INVINCIBLE!! For the first time in quite awhile I feel like I'm on the right track. Walking towards my Arranged Husband and one of the Most important people in my life,I worried that my night could only go down hill from here.

So here goes!!

"There she is,Our Girl!"Ava gushed as she circled her arms around me, pulling me into a tight embrace.
The sequins of her long sleeved gown was attacking my neck."You were Marvellous,My Love."

My lips curved into a smile."Thank You so much. Honestly,I'm just glad that it's over now,I was so nervous."

"Well there's plenty more Ballets for you to prepare for,with your talent this won't be your last. You're going places."Tom gave me a peck on the cheek."We're so proud of you,Darling."

"Very Proud,Ness."Natasha smiled.

It was nice having their support. The Austin's treat me like there own, like we have known each other all our lives and not just a couple of months. I understand it some what from Ava, since she doesn't know anything about the Arrangement. But Tom knows everything,yet he still treats me like a daughter.

I noticed Jeremy's eyes in a different direction,not even bothering to look at me or communicate for the sake of the Arrangement. I wonder if he even bothered to watch me on stage,or did he long in thought for his precious Scotch.

My eyes wandered the room in search of My Brother. I noticed cool as a cucumber Julian lapping up the love from the Guests."Where's Finley?"

"The Bathroom.I think he drank too much free champagne during the show."Alex chuckled."Here I was thinking that your precious little Bro was a good boy."

Obviously my Brother spending time with Jeremy seemed to have taken an effect on him. We still have an after party to go to,How is he going to last the night if he's already legless?

"Hmm,That's what I thought too. I guess Finley must be having too much fun at college."I picked up a glass of champagne from the bar,taking a little sip so I could taste the bubbles.

Jeremy took the champagne glass from my hand and placed it back down on the bar."We're leaving. My parents can bring your brother to the after Party."He took my hand in his, ready to leave the bar without so much as an Okay.

"Leaving..Um Okay!"I didn't want to argue with the man,since he didn't look happy. Agitated actually. I looked at the others."See you in awhile."

"Young Love."Ava smiled,giving us a little wave as we walked away and through the crowd.