CHAPTER 22:NOW I KNOW!

VANESSA

I popped two aspirin into my mouth and downed them with a cold glass of water. Thankfully I was discharged from the hospital early this morning, I honestly couldn't stand another second in that place. At the moment I'm sleep deprived and sore.

I moved my fingers along the plaster that was across my hairline. A couple of stitches is what I got,but that wasn't what was worrying me. I was worried about everyone's reaction the next time they see me?

Natasha and Alex-their mind is going to go straight to Jeremy considering what he did the last time they saw him. They're going to think that he was the one that's responsible for these stitches-not that it was some stupid accident.

"How are you feeling?"Ava asked,from the other side of the island. She's been watching me with pity ever since she picked me up from the hospital.

Ava called my room this morning since I didn't have my phone with me. She came and picked me up not long after. The weird thing is i've been here awhile and Tom is nowhere to be seen. It's Sunday, Where is he?

"I'm okay-Tired! I didn't sleep all that well last night."I set my glass tumbler down on the island counter top,still holding it between my hands."Hospitals are not the easiest place to rest."

You would think that I would feel the opposite considering the amount of time I've spent in them with my Dad over the year. At the start,I didn't leave his side for weeks. I couldn't bare to.

"I remember when I had my stay in hospital after Jeremy was born,even with Thomas by my side all I wanted to do was get home to my own comfort."Ava picked up an expensive wine bottle from the counter."I brought this one up from the cellar last night,grab those glasses and follow me to the living room, Darling."

Wine at 11 in the morning! She's starting early-Even for an Austin!Given that Ava knows everything about the Arrangement now,that had me a little anxious.

I took a seat on the two seater couch that was across from hers,not too far away but not too close that she would notice how nervous I was about the topic that we were about to discuss. I knew the conversation was coming-but she didn't know that I knew.

"Does Jeremy know where you are?" She glanced up at me,as she popped the Cork on the expensive bottle of swirly red lettering and gold wrapper.

"I-Um-Well No.I didn't have my phone and I couldn't remember his number to call him. I'm fine,Jeremy won't be worrying about me."I reached across the space between us and took the wine glass from her hand,not intending to drink a sip.

Way too early for me!!

"Why would you say that?"She asked, as she rested back on the couch with one leg crossed over the other. I had shrugged my shoulders lightly in return,not knowing exactly how to answer that question."Is it because the marriage you have to my son is fake?"

Straight to the point-I knew it!

My heart was pounding in my chest and all I could think was.."Oh Shit,How am I going to get through this conversation alive?"In my mind I was so worried that Ava would have certain opinions about me because of all the secrets and lies.
I married her son for Money-She must hate me.

"I um-Well um.."Jesus Vanessa,Just say something. Like anything!

"It's fine,Darling. I know everything. I know that my husband made you an offer you couldn't refuse and he forced my son into this to better the business." Ava sighed,as she threaded her fingers through her hair of Grey and Blonde."Of all the years that I've spent with Thomas, he's never gone behind my back like this. I've kicked him out for a few days to teach him a lesson."