CHAPTER 7: THE AFTERMATH.

I was standing in front of my mirror looking at my reflection,grimacing at the bruising around my eye and the bridge of my nose.
This is what a night out resulted in,I wish I didn't bother now. It's going to take a lot of make up to cover up this mess.

To my surprise,Jeremy rode home in the taxi with me last night,I guess he felt guilty. When we got home I grabbed some frozen peas from the freezer and went straight to my room,I haven't heard from him since.
I know it was an accident,I'm not going to hold a Grudge over it. Although he really shouldn't have started that fight in the first place,the guy seriously has some anger issues.

A knock came to my bedroom door."Vanessa..Come out here,we need to talk."

Speak of the Devil!! I sighed,I guess I better face him now. I remember him telling me the day I moved into this house,that he would make me pay if I got in his way.
Seeing how sorry he seemed over something that was an accident,I had doubts that he would actually physically hurt a woman. Emotionally was a different story!!

I opened the door to my bedroom and smiled."Good Morning."
I walked ahead of him down the hallway towards the stairs.

Jeremy followed behind me,curious as to why I was so chirpy"Your eye,it looks bad. I had hoped it wouldn't look as bad as that."

"Wouldn't want you looking like an abusive Husband,Now would we."I looked back at him as he walked behind me."I'll cover it up when I'm going anywhere,you don't need to worry."

I walked towards the kitchen,where Alma was stood making breakfast.
Jeremy was still following behind me, dressed in casual shorts and t-shirt.

"It was an accident..You know I never actually meant to hurt you."

"Relax,It's fine.I'm not that type of Girl who makes a thing out of nothing."I walked towards the kitchen counter and poured a fresh coffee.
I noticed Alma's eyes on my bruised face.

"Dear,Your Face.."She extended her hand towards my face in concern.

"It's fine..I'm okay."I smiled,trying to lighten the situation. It was nice to have someone so concerned for my welfare,I've missed that this past year.

She didn't look like she believed me,but continued on with making our breakfast. Jeremy stood looking awkward and guilty,it was a look i hadn't seen on him up until last night.
Mostly I just see Anger and Hate.

The front door of the Mansion opened and slammed again."Jeremy..We need to talk..Jeremy."Tom's voice shouted through the halls.

"Jesus Christ!"Jeremy sighed,moving his fingers through his dark hair."Yeah,In the Kitchen."He shouted.

Tom walked into the kitchen and the first thing he did was walk towards me,lifted my face up and assessed the damage."Darling,Are you okay?"

"I'm fine,Honestly. It doesn't even hurt that much."Clearly that was a lie,I couldn't even touch my face without wincing.

He looked at his son."You have some explaining to do,My Boy.
Why in God's name did you hit that Gentleman in the middle of a busy nightclub?"

Jeremy folded his arms over his chest."He asked for it.
How did you find out about all of this anyway?"

"I was informed about an Online Video early this morning."Tom pulled his phone from his pocket,fiddled with it some before handing it over to Jeremy.

There was indeed a video and it definitely didn't go in Jeremy's favour.
He looked like a man out of control and the only taming of him was an elbow to my face.
Someone in the crowd obviously took the video and posted it online,making
Jeremy look terrible.