Chapter 17 - We Aren't Kids Anymore

***Lexi's POV***

"Harold! Help me with Maya and Josey!" I yelled into the living room. Lazy Harry wobbled from the couch to the kitchen and stood in front of us. 

"Put Joseys boots on. Quick, they're going to be late for school!" I said to Harry, and he slowly got down on his knees and pushed Josephine's left boot on her right foot.

"Harry. Don't be stupid." I said, getting cranky. Harry laughed, which made Maya and Josey laugh. Caleb walked in the room just in time to see us all laughing, and he looked at us oddly. As for Caleb, he's the odd one of the family. He's a drama queen, and sort of depressing. He has his own medieval life... On the Internet.... And we don't interfere. 

"Caleb go get into the car, I'll be right out." I said, and Maya's face suddenly turned into a surprised look. 

"Mommy! I forgot my dollie! I can't leave Tulip!" Maya yelled, ripping the two boots I had just finished getting on her off of her tiny feet. She clomped up the stairs and into her room, and I listened to the footsteps above me as she grabbed Tulip off her bed.

"MAYA, HURRY UP!" I yelled after a good five minutes passed of Maya not coming down the stairs. Suddenly I heard more footsteps from upstairs, and then more clomping on the back stairs.

"Hazz go get Josephine in the car." I said, and Harry obeyed. "Let's go, Jose." Harry said, and Josephine leaped into his arms. Its going to be tough letting them go into the school all by themselves. Harry bawled his eyes out just as they hit pre-school. 

"Mayalee Reilly. What took you so long?!" I asked Maya as she came into the kitchen with her pink Barbie bag. Oh no, she is not bringing that to school with her!

"Mommy, how can I possibly bring Tulip and not anybody else?! They will be jealous..." Maya whispered, and I couldn't help but laugh at her. She's so imaginative. She's going to hate school. She'll be just like Momma!

"No, Maya. Pick one other doll besides Tulip and put it in your backpack. School is for learning, not for play." I said. I knew that wasn't the smartest thing to say before Maya even got to the horrid school, but what can I say? 

"Fine." Maya said, crankily. She picked Tulip and her brown bunny and shoved both of them into her bag. Year 1 is the best year out of all of them, and I already know she's going to hate it. Sure, she'll have all kinds of new buddies and playmates, but when it comes to work time or quiet time.. Things will be sure to go bad. As long as Josey's there, things should go fine?

I ran Maya and I out to the car and buckled her into her carseat next to Josephine. Holy crap, the kids are in school for three quarters of the day and they're stilll a hassle! Oh well, I love them to bits. When I closed the door and buckled up, I kissed Harry. Josey, Maya, and Caleb groaned.

***Shannon's POV***

"Jason! Stop picking on your younger brother!" I heard Liam yell from the kitchen. He was preparing a dinner that smelled of Chef Salad with some kind of barbecue. I felt bad, really. Here I was, watching the X-Factor and he's watching the kids AND making dinner. He insisted though!

"Jason, come here!" I said, and Jason ran into the room, a blow up bat in his hand. Oh, this oughta be good.

"Mommy, I didn't do anything! He tackled me so I wacked him with this. That's all!" Jason pleaded, and I raised an eyebrow at him. That was believable (Note sarcasm).

Liam sighed, and walked into the room with Dean attached to his leg, "Daddy, my arm hurts." Dean said, with puppy dog eyes. Note to kids everywhere: Always go to Liam Payne when you want somebody else in trouble. "Jason, apologize to your brother."