XIII

[AN] 

Hello cuties! 

I hope you all are doing well and living happily and healthy and are ready for a new update!! 

This one will probably be short but hopefully it will still be alright - we're in a transition period right now so as soon as I'm done with that, the real fun can begin ;) - this should be the last chapter of said transition too 

THANK YOU for 24k+ by the way!! It really means the world and I really hope you all continue to love the story <3 

Enjoy the chapter! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung watched curiously as the scenery outside blew by in a blurry stream. The flow of greens, yellows, and browns bleeding into stark blacks highlighted by sudden neons and harsh streetlights as Jeongguk and Taehyung left the country and entered the city. 

The now blue-haired male had been surprised to realize how close to the city the Bangtan household had been - perhaps only about 15 minutes, no more than 3 miles. 

If Taehyung had been so inclined, it would have been so easy to make it to the city and call for help in the last several weeks. The only difficulty, really, would have been making it out of the house. 

But, Taehyung was again met with the slightly surprising culmination that he wouldn't have left even if the opportunity had been presented to him. It was easy to grow attached when you were being constantly showered with the attention and love you'd been depraved of for such a long time, Taehyung supposed. 

Even now, in the car with Jeongguk, driving into a world Taehyung had only read about while anxiety threatened to grasp his throat in its unforgiving cinch, the only home he could picture returning to, was the one he'd found with Bangtan.

His birth home was too large and much too empty. His father almost never visited, in fact, it had probably been several years since Taehyung had actually last seen him. And his brother, Tae-woo, wasn't much better, though his visits were more frequent. The elder was five years older than the blue-haired male and it seemed as the boys aged and his brother took on more responsibilities within their father's mafia, the less time Tae-woo had to spend with his younger brother. 

Taehyung doubt they even knew he was gone. 

His brother had visited a few days before Taehyung had been kidnapped, returning once again to an array of broken locks and busted hinges, only to routinely replace them - each with a sturdier reinforcement and fond smack to the back of Taehyung's head. 

It would be another month before anyone realized the Kim mansion was down a Kim. 

"Alright, let's go over it one more time, V." 

Taehyung jumped, shaking his head, as Jeongguk's rough baritone broke him out of his inner stupor. 

He glanced over, raking his eyes along the elder male's side profile, reveling in the way his jaw was clenched and how his grip on the steering wheel had slowly tightened the closer the two got to Junseo's mafia. 

They were currently white-knuckled, the only testament to Jeongguk's inner turmoil, no other emotions to be found on his passive and nearly bored features. The ravenette was watching him through the rearview mirror, Taehyung could feel his burning gaze, so he nodded, offering a single, tight-lipped smile. 

"When we go in, don't talk to anybody unless spoken to first. They'll probably be curious but trust me when I say it's better if we get through the main room as quick as possible. No chatting would be ideal. What else?" Jeongguk chanced a glance out of his peripheral at Taehyung, one eyebrow raised in challenge.