II

[AN]

Hello!

I hope you all are prepared, this is going to be one wild ride and full of many twists hehehe

I hope you enjoy this chapter!! :)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Mommy, mommy! Look! It's snowing!" Taehyung, a mere three years old, toddled across the floor on chubby legs towards the door excitedly, fumbling with limbs he'd yet to fully gain the grasp of.

His hand had just barely scraped the shiny metal knob when his feet suddenly left the ground, swooshed up in a warm embrace, one that he instantly burrowed into, deeply inhaling the sweet scent of lavender.

Taehyung's mother caressed her son's back, swiping a lock of her ebony hair from her shoulder before doing the same to a chocolate lock dusting over Taehyung's eyes. The boy kissed her forehead in greeting, causing a pretty pink smile to stretch across his mother's lips.

"Mommy, can we go out and play? Build big snowman and name it Mr. Giggles. Please?" The small boy whined, straining now against his mother's hold, leaning towards the window. Outside, the snow glinted in the sunlight, a vast field of white crystals. The view captivated him immediately, the sheen reflected in his wide eyes, full of a wonder.

He missed the way his mother's smile dipped downwards, frown lines burrowing into her forehead, as a deep sadness filled her ivory green irises. She set Taehyung down, holding him steady by the arms to prevent the boy from bolting towards the door again.

"My little Tae-Bear" She cooed, drawing his attention back to her's and fighting the way her heart broke at the knowing gloss that clashed with the hope in her son's eyes. She sighed. "Mommy is sorry, honey, but we can't go out and play. Not when your father isn't home. It isn't safe."

Taehyung pouted, eyes brimming with tears. He always had been sensitive.

"But Mommy" the boy started, casting a longing look towards the snow. "Mr. Giggles"  A tear slipped down Taehyung's cheek, knowing full well he would not be completing his snowman that day. His mother pushed back tears of her own. Her husband had not been home for the last month and probably would not be until long after the snow had melted into mere puddles remnant of the pearly beauty that once was.

"I know, baby, but your papa only wants what's best for you. How about you and me go to your room. We'll turn the temperature down really low, so that it feels like winter and then we'll make Mr.Giggles out of pillows. Hm, how does that sound?" Taehyung pouted, inclining his head and scrunching his nose, deep in thought.

"With cookies?" The boy murmured, scuffing his feet on the floor. His mother pinched his cheek affectionately.

"Of course, Tae-Bear."  And with that the women whooshed him back into her arms, blowing a raspberry onto his collar bone making the boy giggle uncontrollably. Taehyung's box-like grin spread wide across his face as his mother continued to spin them in circles, tickling him occasionally, and promising that one day the boy would be able to go out and play in the snow.

~・✧・~

Taehyung shook himself out of the memory, shoving his hands deeper into his pockets. He lazily trot down the sidewalk, brightly lit by neon signs of all shapes and sizes advertising different establishments. Taehyung floated easily to the display windows, marveling as one man flipped a large strand of taffy continuously and gaping as another molded burnt orange glass into the shape of a dragon.