X

[AN] 

Hello beauties! 

I have mostly fluff for you all today! As well as some other semi-important things but this is sorta-kinda-not really a filler chapter...

That made no sense. 

I'll go now. 

Enjoy the chapter! 

Oh! Wait! The italics in the first part are choppy flashbacks from different times, but it switches between flashbacks and present time(non-italicized would be present time) 

Oh double wait! The second part of this chapter contains training scenes-I know next to nothing about boxing so just be aware that some of the things written are completely made up for the purpose of the plot

Ok, now I'm done :)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't mind this little rascal" 

Jeongguk rammed his fist into the punching bag, a dull ache spreading through his bare knuckles. 

The man poked him in the ribs. "I think, little Jeonggukie knows exactly what happens when you disobey Junseo." 

Jeongguk huffed, nostrils flaring, as he drove his knee into the dark blue bag. His muscles rippled as sweat gathered on his brow, breath uneven from exertion. 

"What's your name?" 

The cowering boy peered up at him through dirty blonde fringe. There was blood on the tips, dripping into his eyes. 

"Kai." 

Another punch. Jeongguk could feel his skin beginning to crack open. The blood made his hands slick, the sticky substance smearing across the punching bag. He kept swinging. 

"Where's your family, Kai?" 

The rattling of the bag's chains filled Jeongguk's ears, accompanied by the dull patter of rain, and a child's laugh. Jeongguk hit harder. 

"I don't have a family." 

Jeongguk squeezed his eyes shut. 

"Neither do I." 

Jeongguk slammed his crimson coated fist into the bag, anger ripping through his body. He breathed harshly, dragging the wildly swinging bag to a stop. Jeongguk rest his head on the cool material, brushing sweaty bangs out of his eyes. He blinked back tears. 

"J-Jeongguk?" 

The said male startled, whipping around as his dark eyes shimmered dangerously. His gaze faltered, however, as Taehyung inched into the room, slim frame swallowed by an overly large, borrowed white tee-shirt. The brunette's eyes were wide and uncertain. He moved cautiously, taking tentative steps as he observed the room with something akin to childish wonder. 

Jeongguk shook his head, clearing it of the muddled thoughts. "Good. You're here. We'll start right away." 

Taehyung tensed, eyeing the impressive rack of weights in the corner. Jeongguk snorted, a faint smile gracing his lips. "They don't bite, you know?" 

The brunette grimaced, giving Jeongguk an incredulous look as he played with his fingers, suddenly shy. "I've only ever been in a gym once before. We didn't have one in the house." 

Taehyung's voice dipped, the ends of his words dragging with a solemn sadness. Jeongguk ignored the small pang in his heart in favor of turning, reaching for the chalk dust and tape. "Don't worry. We won't be weightlifting today."