IX

[AN]

Heyo!

I have some drama prepared for today's update hehehe

I know I'm late but if there are any Stays in the crowd; SKZ new song, Slump, is literally one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. Thank you for coming to my ted-talk :)

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

(Previously)

"Isn't it obvious, Taehyung? You and Jeongguk will be going undercover into one of Songmin's lesser gangs."

"You expect me to work with and trust the son of the very man who ruined my life? I don't care what you want Namjoon, we can take down Songmin and get Kai back another way. But Taehyung does not step foot within my mafia! All he would do is cause more trouble than he's worth. Drop it!"

The door slammed harshly behind the ravenette as he left, fuming.

Taehyung in a moment of sheer anger, rose, patting Jimin on the shoulder reassuringly when he made to stand too, and followed Jeongguk out into the hallway.

~・✧・~

The second the door slammed behind Taehyung, Jimin rounded on Namjoon, small fists clenched tightly as his eyes burned with a special type of malice. Even Jin shook his head disapprovingly at Namjoon.

"You can't possibly be serious, Joon? Throwing that poor child into Junseo's mafia? That's asking an awful lot, even if Jeongguk goes along." Jin said, tone hesitant and waning on disappointed.

Namjoon grimaced. "I know it isn't ideal but simply having Taehyung relay the information isn't enough. He needs to be there, personally seeking out anything Songmin wishes to keep under the rug."

Jin winced at the same time Jimin threw his hands up, miffed. "You're throwing him into the lion's den! Junseo's men already hate Guk. How do you think they're going to feel when he drags in an inexperienced new recruit?"

Hoseok rubbed Jimin's knee soothingly. "It'll be ok, Jimin. Jeongguk will protect him."

Jimin glared harshly, Hoseok's words merely bouncing off him, not holding any weight. He glanced back at Namjoon, stare icy and menacing.

He pointed a shaking finger. "If anything happens to him" Jimin paused, voice failing him as it trembled. "I'm holding you responsible."

And then Jimin whirled, overcome with emotion as he ran towards the hallway in search of his best friend.

~・✧・~

Jeongguk was several strides down the dim hallway by the time Taehyung managed to catch up to him, breath falling choppily as he tried to reign in what little of his boiling anger he could.

"What the hell is your problem! Can't you go for more than five minutes without picking a fight?" Taehyung yelled, voice strained and piercing in the silence of the hallway.

Jeongguk didn't turn. He barely offered Taehyung a glance, only scoffed and continued on his way, hands shoved deeply into his pockets and shoulders pulled up to his ears. Taehyung scrunched his nose, fury lapping at his tongue.