III

[AN]

My first mistake: searching up 'Jimin orange hair' for that picture ^

My second mistake: not doing it sooner

The end result: Megan malfunctioning with a camera roll full of orange Jimin

Enjoy the chapter!

(Apologizing in advance)

________________________________________________________________________________

(Previously)

"I'll give you a five second head start.

1. I met an angel today.

2. With beautiful chocolate locks and rosy cheeks.

3. He thinks he can outrun me.

4. But you can't deny the hunter of his prey.

5. You will be mine, my sweet Taehyungie."

~・✧・~

In hindsight, ramming the palm of his hand into his pursuer's nose had been a bad idea.

Taehyung had been attempting to catch Jeongguk by the chest, using the male's own momentum to floor the ravenette for long enough that a greater distance could be established between them. He'd ducked into the first alleyway he could find, heart thumping and hands shaking with fervor.

Behind him, Jeongguk's footsteps were steady and though light, were like drumbeats in Taehyung's ears, alarmingly close and matching rhythm with his heart. Desperately, he tried to shovel down the anxiety bubbling up his throat, cocking his head lightly to the side, and just barely shifting so the street was visible from his perch.

Jeongguk was barreling down the sidewalk, head bent and inky fringe falling in front of his eyes. Under the fluorescent lights, the man was merely a streak of darkness, passing in and out of view. Taehyung pressed himself against the brick wall, flattening his body out.

When Taehyung could pick up on the easy breaths falling from Jeongguk's lips, he flung his arm out wide.

Instantly, his hand collided with solid skin, the force reverberating down past Taehyung's arm and into the rest of his body. A warm, sticky substance began to coat Taehyung's fingers and he pulled back, startled, before peering farther out into the open.

Jeongguk had not fallen over, according to plan.

The impact had caused him to stumble back a few steps, but Taehyung had underestimated his agility. He stared in horror as Jeongguk shook his head, regaining his bearings, and brought a hand up to his nose. It came away red and Taehyung found, with utmost terror, that his own hand was stained a matching crimson.

The brunette took a fearful step backwards. Even shrouded heavily in the shadows, Taehyung could see the wild gleam in Jeongguk's eyes as he carefully brought his head up, the white nearly entirely swallowed by raging charcoal. His nostrils flared and Jeongguk wiped the blood, dripping leisurely, away without a second glance. Straightening to his full height, practically towering over Taehyung, Jeongguk no longer resembled the playful, cocky man from before. Standing before Taehyung, was a hunter, poised for the kill.

A muscle twitched in Jeongguk's jaw as he took a single, menacing step forward, eliciting a small whimper from Taehyung's throat.

"I-I'm sorry" Taehyung stuttered, scrambling in his haste to get away. Jeongguk followed lazily, focus honed only on Taehyung's trembling form, barely blinking.