XII

[AN] 

HELLO! 

I'M BACK! 

I'M EXCITED!!! 

I hope you guys are excited too to find out what happens next! This chapter essentially starts the next phase of this book and there will be lots of juicy things happening from here on out 

Hope you're prepared ;)

And enjoy the chapter!! 

________________________________________________________________________________

A light breeze ruffled Taehyung's newly dyed blue hair as he climbed smoothly out Jimin's second story window. The said male was dozing peacefully on the bed behind him, light snores falling past his parted lips as he breathed evenly, unaware to the world around him. 

Taehyung smiled softly as he slid the window pane closed, watching as Jimin curled tighter around the pillow the younger had replaced himself with. A dull click rang out as the window settled into its frame and Taehyung sucked in a lungful of midnight air, closing his eyes as he released it. 

There was an ease to breathing, Taehyung found,  when the sun had long since dipped below the horizon and his only audience were the stars in the sky, merely blinking away in their galactic ambience. It was calming. 

Simple. 

Taehyung wished he could spend forever observing the stars, under the watchful eyes of the moon, with no obligations to return to the day where responsibilities ran rampant and gang members ruled the streets and crazy fathers kidnapped children and-

Taehyung took another breath. 

"Not today, Taehyung" The blue haired male muttered to himself as he dropped heavily onto the tree branch below him. "Let's live for a few more minutes in peace." 

The tree, a large Oak Taehyung had discovered a week ago, was directly outside Jimin's bedroom window in the Bangtan household, with branches that practically begged the nineteen year old to perch amongst them. And who was he to deny, as he had assuredly taken advantage of their plea. 

Taehyung sighed, closing his eyes as he let the breeze brush delicately over his eyelids and took in the serene hoot of a far-off owl, the rustle of leaves, and the slight trickle of a nearby stream. 

"Is there a reason you always use the window or do you just have something against doors?" 

Taehyung shrieked, nearly falling off the branch he'd nimbly settled on. 

Swiveling to the right, heart jackrabbiting in his chest, Taehyung came face to face with none other than Yoongi. 

The older male was stretched leisurely on the end of the branch, back braced against the trunk, and legs crossed at the ankles. His white hair was shimmering silver and his dark eyes blazed under the moonlight as he stared back at Taehyung, signature smirk present on his thin lips. 

"What the hell!" Taehyung forced out, one hand gripping his chest, heart still hammering. 

Yoongi chuckled, his face twisted with a kind of amusement Taehyung was unaccustomed to seeing - it was nice, in a way, seeing the carefree crinkle of Yoongi's eyes, the way his smile, if wide enough, showed the tips of his gums. The blue haired male felt a portion of his surprise dwindling away, his own lips quirking as Yoongi sobered up. 

"Sorry kid, I didn't mean to scare you." Yoongi shifted, seeming to sink further into the tree's bark, sighing as he found a more comfortable position. "I figured you could use some company. Wouldn't want to strand a man alone on a tree branch, now would we?"