V

[AN]

Hello, my loves!

Are you ready for today's chapter?

Ready to meet the big boss man?

rEaDY for Taekook?

Hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

The door Yoongi led him to was swathed in darkness.

The ominous rosewood entry sat at the end of a narrow corridor, the only patch of light being what little seeped from underneath the frame. Voices floated through the timber, hushed and indistinguishable. Taehyung thought he heard the soft lull of classical music entwining with the murmurs, as well.

He gulped, turning to face Yoongi who reclined against the opposite wall, amusement shining in his deep brown eyes.

"Do I have to?" He whined, foot scuffing against the floor slightly. Thanks to the herb remedy Jin had supplied, the numbing fog had, for the most part, dissipated, however, in its place was biting fear and roiling anxiety. Taehyung's hands shook slightly where they lay, clenched at his sides.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, cornering Taehyung with a gaze that made him flush, embarrassment making its way into his litany of other swirling emotions.

"Do you really have to ask?"

Ignoring Taehyung's disgruntled 'maybe', Yoongi strode from the wall, annoyance flowing off him in waves. Briefly, Taehyung thought he might have pushed Yoongi too far as the male gathered the scruff of his shirt into a single fist. However, before he could put too much thought into it, Yoongi had already rapped once and shoved Taehyung into the room.

Yoongi smirked, eyes shimmering with mischief as Taehyung clumsily stumbled into the center of the room. The older proceeded to prop himself against the pane, one hand braced on his hip.

"No fair!" Taehung pouted, crossing his arms and jutting his bottom lip out, his grouching accompanied by a sharp glare in Yoongi's direction. Unfazed, the white haired male merely rolled his eyes, shifting to gaze just behind Taehyung.

A low chuckle broke Taehyung out of his heated staring contest, making the male jump and swivel around.

"What's the matter? Did the little prince not get enough beauty sleep?"

Jeongguk's voice was dripping with arrogance and mockery. He regarded Taehyung from under the fringe of his ebony black hair, which lay in a wavy mop atop his head, making his eyes appear sharper. He was reclined leisurely in a red armchair with tinted gold swirls behind Taehyung, legs thrown carelessly over one of the arms, swinging his foot in a manner which too exuded smugness. The black ripped jeans, plain white tee-shirt, and decorative black bomber jacket the man donned, combined with his relaxed posture, gave Taehyung the impression of a docile wolf; calm, but muscles twitching, ready to pounce. The brunette bristled, a swoop of anger joining his hurricane of emotions.

Taehyung huffed a small, irritated laugh. "Are you always this uptight or did someone shit in your morning coffee?"

Jeongguk's eyes flashed dangerously, tongue darting to press against the inside of his cheek, as he swung his body into an upright position, fixing for the strike. The cold stare shot right through Taehyung but he held his ground.

"That's enough." A calm voice interrupted the two, demanding the attention of both males. Taehyung could physically see the restraint not to jump him in Jeongguk's taunt muscles as he stiffly turned his body, facing the speaker.