VI

[AN]

Hello lovelies! 

Thank you for 2k!!! That's insane, thank you soo much!!!!<3<3<3

I hope you all are doing well and staying safe! 

School is almost over which means this kid(:D) is throwing herself into writing, woo!-my plan is to have The Grey Angel up and running within the next two months, finish Tattoo Boy, and maybe start another one of the books I have stored in my ideas hmm..;) (hint I'm thinking a werewolf au...if you all would be interested) 

Also purple Jin^ was such an iconic look

Enjoy the chapter!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Jeongguk ducked with a practiced expertise as a crouton vaulted through the kitchen window. 

Flanked by Namjoon and Jeongguk, sandwiched between their towering bodies, Taehyung watched the small square of bread whiz past, just under his nose. Bewildered, he glanced around the common room, finding that not a single occupant looked remotely phased. He shrugged as Jeongguk rose to his feet, shaking his head, a ghost of a smile present on his thin lips. 

"Get out of my kitchen, you infidel! There's a Glock 17 strapped to my leg and I will not hesitate to start picking off fingers!" 

A blur of bright orange and black scuttled out the swinging kitchen door not a moment later, head bent and extremities flailing wildly. The tangle of limbs rushed past, colliding with Taehyung, before dive bombing onto the couch with a dramatic war-cry. The brunette stumbled, the force of the impact rocking him off balance and he teetered, dangerously. 

Jeongguk steadied him, in one fell swoop, bracing his hips with strong hands, sinewy muscles prominent under rippling veins, jacket having been discarded in favor of just the plain white tee. Taehyung tensed, his skin burning where Jeongguk's palms rested. He could feel the ravenette's warmth soaking into his skin where they met, chest scarcely touching back. Taehyung could feel as Jeongguk grew rigid, fingers tightening ever so slightly in tandem with a sharp inhale.

When Taehyung stepped away, Jeongguk remained still as stone, eyes murky and far away. He lowered his hands robotically, movements conflicted. 

"Hobi-hyung! Get off me! I promise, Jin-hyung isn't going to kill you. He didn't even come out of the kitchen this time!" The high-pitched tone was followed by animated laughter, like bells dancing on the wind. 

Taehyung froze, a ripple running the length of his body as his limbs locked. Jeongguk side-glanced him, a dim flicker of concern flaring before his eyes returned to their normal dark, impassive hue. 

The ravenette stalked into the living room, without a second glance, nudging Jimin imperceptibly as he passed, bending to murmur in his ear. Jimin's eyes immediately widened to the size of saucers, finding Taehyung's newly wet orbs instantly. The orange-haired male made to step forward, gaze impossibly guilty. However, Taehyung scrambled backwards, breath falling choppily from his lips. He found refuge behind the lumbering form of Namjoon, who shifted to shield him thoroughly. 

"Jimin" Namjoon spoke into the settled silence, assertion clear, but a hint of gentleness present. He ignored Taehyung's hitch of breath at the name. "Perhaps now is not a good time." 

"Tae-" Jimin trailed off, voice cracking and remorse drenching the single syllable, disregarding Namjoon completely. Taehyung shook his head rapidly from behind blond, leaning his weight against the sturdy back, unable to hold his own. He felt as if a mountain of sadness had descended upon him, betrayal flitting here and there, but overall, an ache racked his entire body, making him tremble.