I

[AN]

First chapter, let's get it!

Imma leave y'all on a cliff hanger first thing, just you wait and see hehehehe

;)

Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________

Kim Taehyung spent the better half of his Friday afternoon staring listlessly at his ceiling.

The plastered, glow-in-the-dark stars and mock moon stuck to the wall blinked back in a slimy green color that did little to rival the real-deal, diamond filled sky held firmly from his grasp by his bolted window. He'd happily divert his attention from the flimsy stick-ons to the twinkling midnight azure, if only it wasn't accompanied by the dull tug of heart-twisting loneliness and longing, of wishing to freely venture into their shimmering gaze.

The wind whipped wildly outside his window, impatiently howling at the frame, almost as if beckoning Taehyung. The glass groaned against its persistence and Taehyung cast one wistful glance to the pane, eyes falling tiredly to the small pair of bolt cutters discarded nearby. He sighed into the silence of his room.

He'd been trying for the last hour to chip away at his brother's latest attempt at keeping him confined to his room, failing miserably and hardly making a dent in the tight lock. He'd given up eventually, resigning himself to another night firmly sealed behind closed doors, nicely secluded among the other trinkets his father possessed.

His mind drifted to the adventure Jimin had promised him that night. The two were supposed to go stargazing, another reason to avoid peering at the beautiful expanse of night sky; it made Taehyung's stomach twist with guilt. He was supposed to meet Jimin nearly half an hour ago, having been severely ambushed by the new latch on his normal escape route.

Taehyung groaned, rolling over to hug his pillow, smushing his face harshly into the soft fabric. It had been a long time since Taehyung had been fully imprisoned in his room. His window offered a temptation to grasp what little of the world he could before sunrise on any given night and with that foiled, the choking grip of unrelenting detainment made his head spin.

The blare of his cellphone-an annoyingly chirpy song Jimin had picked-broke Taehyung out of his sulking. Begrudgingly, he reached over and plucked it off his nightstand, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"You're a real prick, you know? Leaving your best friend hanging like that!" Jimin's unmistakeable, high-pitched tone rang through the receiver, sounding miffed. He scoffed. "You're lucky I love you, Kim Taehyung."

"Jiminie" Taehyung whined, pouting. "You know when I don't call it's because I'm wallowing in self-pity, which you very rudely interrupted, might I add." Taehyung quipped, feigning annoyance while trying to ignore how his lips threatened to quirk at the edges.

"You may not." Jimin blanched. He dropped his tone to a whisper, as if worried someone would overhear, but it gradually rose as he spoke. "I'm here to break you out! We've got a date with the stars, baby, and I am not letting you skip just because of some safety locks."

Taehyung gaped. "How'd you know?"

From the other side of the line, Jimin sounded nearly offended. "You think this is my first rodeo, Kim? Hell no!" A pause, then almost bashful, "Plus I can see the lock on your window."

Jimin wolf-whistled, recovering quickly. "That thing's massive, you'd think your brother was actually trying to convert your room into a prison." Taehyung snorted, rolling his eyes, as he stood stiffly on his feet, padding lightly to peer out the window.