XI

[AN]

Hello!

Things. Are about. To get. Crazy.

I hope you all are ready!

And I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

*Note: There's a considerable time skip between this chapter and the last that's touched on a bit more in the next chapter - it's been several weeks since Taehyung was first brought to the gang :)*

________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung fidgeted, looking anywhere but at the gleaming gaze of Namjoon.

The older man's eyes were locked on Taehyung, his hands folded neatly over one another on the surface of his desk. A small package lay next to him-wrapped in pale yellow and topped with a pretty blue bow. Taehyung didn't even want to know what was inside. He twiddled his fingers, gulping past the near-suffocating awkwardness in the room.

Namjoon chuckled, leisurely leaning back in his chair. "Why are you so nervous?"

Taehyung snorted, meeting the blond's eyes for the first time-one brow was cocked incredulously. He tapped his chin, humming. "I don't know. Maybe it's because the last time we had a heart-to-heart, you threatened to break my fingers off!"

Namjoon's face screwed up comically as Taehyung huffed. When Taehyung's lower lip jut out into a pout, the elder lost his resolve and he fell into a fit of laughter-a hearty and loud sound-as he leaned over in his seat, one arm clutching his stomach. Taehyung found himself joining in.

Regardless that he'd been fully serious, Namjoon's laugh was infectious.

After a moment, the blond steadied himself, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm sorry" He breathed out, a light chuckle and healthy smile still present. "That was mostly just for show. I wouldn't have broken any fingers."

Taehyung exhaled, relieved. Namjoon was, by far, the most intimidating out of Bangtan, and while he'd felt able to grow closer to each man individually in the last several weeks, a barrier still seemed to preside between him and the leader.

"I'd have Hoseok do it."

Taehyung paled.

He spluttered, unsure how to react to such information. Hoseok was always so cheerful and kind, Taehyung couldn't imagine him doing anything remotely violent. Though he was sure, if he did, the black-haired male would do it with a smile.

Namjoon waved a hand dismissively. "I'm joking!" Taehyung cocked his head-the glint in Namjoon's eye said otherwise-but he said nothing as the elder braced his chin with one hand, friendliness leaking from his grin. "I wanted to chat."

Taehyung furrowed his brow, thoroughly confused by the conversation. "Chat?"

Namjoon nodded cheerfully. "You'll be going into Junseo's mafia soon. There are a few things I wanted to discuss. And~" The blond singsonged, gingerly plucking the package from the desk with nimble fingers. "I wanted to give you something!"

The younger stared at Namjoon as if he'd just grown a second head, unease plaguing his mind as Namjoon wiggled his brow, a playful glint in his eyes as he flourished the gift once more. Hesitantly, Taehyung took the delicately wrapped box, unsure what to expect-he did not like the mischievous smirk Namjoon currently dawned.

Nevertheless, he began to carefully unwrap the binding. "And what, may I ask, is the occasion?" Taehyung urged, the teasing lilt to his voice masking the wariness.