IV

[AN]

Hello my lovelies!

I hope you have liked the first few chapters of Bounty!

I was right though, y'all were unhappy after yesterday's update. I'm sorry, please bare with me a bit, it gets better quickly!

Chapter 4: Let's find out who wanted Tae..sorta

Oh, the fun we'll have now ;)

(Also, this memory is important)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright. Lay it to me straight, Tae-bear."

Taehyung startled, foot slipping off the back of the chair he was perched on, falling backwards. He landed in a heap on the floor, limbs tangled and a sharp ache shooting up his wrists, which had taken the brunt of the fall.

He looked up as a pair of feet came to rest at the crown of his head, following slim but muscular legs that led into wide shoulders and a thick neck, impeccably topped off with sharp cheekbones, hazel eyes, and a mop of shaggy brown hair, a shade lighter than Taehyung's own.

Taehyung pouted. "Woo" he whined, holding his arms up in a silent plea for help.

His brother chuckled, lightheartedly, before grasping Taehyung's wrists and hauling him neatly into a standing position, the fifteen year old only teetering slightly as the world tilted upright. His brother ruffled his hair affectionately once Taehyung had fully regained his balance, bracing a hand on Taehyung's shoulder and bending down so that the two were at eye level.

Taehyung gulped nervously, casting a skittish eye towards the chair braced against the bookcase to his left. His brother paid no notice, as he anxiously tapped a beat onto Taehyung's shoulder.

"Do I look fit to be a mob boss?" Taehyung blinked, grimacing as he trailed his eyes over his brother's near anguished features. His brother tapped faster.

Taehyung huffed a sigh. "You've never been worried about it before."  He uttered, avoiding the actual question and biting his tongue to prevent himself from saying something he'd regret.

His brother straightened robotically, seeming troubled.

"Right." He mumbled, voice hesitant and monotone. His eyes were distant, lost somewhere far away. Taehyung regarded him curiously but made no move to console the man, knowing full well, he did not take too kindly to sympathy. Not to mention, there were more pressing matters to attend to than his brother's off mood.

When the door clicked shut behind him, Taehyung whirled around.

"Yes." He muttered as he climbed back onto the chair, sliding the box hidden behind a patchwork of picture frames closer to his body. He jumped down, immediately dumping the contents onto the floor. "You're perfectly fit to be a mob boss."

The young boy tensed, eying the layers of files, newspaper clippings, and trinkets spread ungraciously on the rug. He dug through the different objects, sliding pieces into their designated slots within his mind, but still missing the majority of the puzzle. His fingers trembled as he continued to sift through the years worth of information, feeling the familiar haze of resentment blanket his mind.

"I wish you weren't though. You're going to end up just like father."

With a final exasperated, pained sigh, Taehyung tucked as many files he could carry under his arm, repositioned the box on the shelf as near to the original as he could manage, and exited his father's study, without looking back.