Chapter 31

It's 5 AM. I am not in the mood for any judgment regarding editing at the moment. Ya'll can add that after 4 PM.

Alright, guys, this chapter has got what ya'll (or at the very least I) have been waiting for: Dirty stuff. And not like the gotta-clean-the-kitchen dirty stuff.

There'll be some twinkly star emojis (✨) as a warning, so you can skip it if that ain't your thing.

Sorry if the smut is shit though- I don't know anything about stuff like that😅

***

I snuggled into the couch, picking the remote up from the coffee table, turning on the tv. A second later I logged onto Disney+.

And then the coin dropped, the remote in my hand landing on the couch with a muted 'thud'.

I'd just kissed him. On the cheek, mind you, but I'd just kissed him out of nowhere.

Why did I do that? Why would I do that? Why did it take me almost two full minutes to realize?!

Alright, deep breaths. He probably barely noticed- I mean, you barely noticed, so there's basically no chance that he did. Just calm down. He's probably already forgotten about it. No worries.

With a deep breath, I leaned back into the couch, once again picking up the remote and looking through the selection of movies, before finally finding the one I was looking for.

I selected the movie and pressed pause, looking towards the door, from which the wonderful scent of cooked meat was flowing. My eyes shifted to my phone. I pressed the home button. Only 3.21. A bit early for dinner.

About five minutes later, Allen appeared in the doorway, a little platter in his hands. I raised my eyebrow. "Are we eating dinner now or...?"

He smiled and shook his head. "Nope- just heated some pigs in blankets. They're the best snacks ever," he placed the plate on the coffee table, grabbing one as he leaned back. The next second, I felt his arms around my shoulder, pulling me just a bit closer. Unthinkingly, I leaned in, taking a deep breath, resting the side of my head on his shoulder.

I reached out, picking up one of the pieces of bread, nibbling on it as the movie finally got going. A small smile reached my lips when I felt Allen turn his head, pressing a kiss on my hair, breathing deeply into it.

About half an hour later, I had nearly drifted off, when he suddenly jolted up, before gently pushing me aside. He pressed a kiss to my temple. Through narrowed eyes, I watched him pull his phone out of his pocket, walking out of the living room muttering something into the device.

I fought to keep my eyes open, staring at the doorway. The next minute, everything went dark.

***

When I opened my eyes again, the room was dimly lit. I blinked the sleep away, my eyes finally being able to focus. A small, fancy designer lamp was lighting up the massive living room from the little side table at the end of the couch.

With a groan, I got up from the couch, my hands moving to my lower back and rubbing it. Son of a bitch- note to self; do not fall asleep on the couch.

My eyes moved to the TV screen- it had been turned off. I ran my hand through my hair, and I  could feel how much it looked like a haystack. Damn it.

A sigh passed my lips when I finally got up from the couch, heading for the doorway- Allen was nowhere to be seen. Probably went to bed already. My eyes scanned the room for a clock, and I caught sight of my phone- I went over to the coffee table and picked it up from where I'd left it, the screen lighting up when I did. 7.36 PM. No, he can't have gone to bed yet.